Matthew Lund

I think you owe me an apology, my one and only post on this thread said "Has anyone commenting on the forum actually seen him play"? - meaning do not pass judgement until he's been seen.

Er, you know that was a compliment, right? I was agreeing with you -- let's not pass judgement until he actually plays.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one I got right then :)

The thing about this lad is that he has scored goals right through his career to date. Something we haven't been over blessed with from central midfield in recent times.

As I said before, Gradi was proper upset at loosing him and Marshall (on loan at Carlisle last season) at the end of their Crewe scholarships. You can bet if he had stayed at Crewe he would have a fair few games under his belt now.

Does anyone know if we will be signing the Spanish guy too as he played in all the friendlies?

Back page of The Chringicle says :

'one hitch is the wait for paperwork to be completed to allow a trialist midfielder to join the club.'

Sounds like it's in the pipes to me.....

Back page of The Chringicle says :

'one hitch is the wait for paperwork to be completed to allow a trialist midfielder to join the club.'

Sounds like it's in the pipes to me.....

As the possible player in question is under 24 years of age, would we be liable for any training payment to his previous club?

I know we didn't get any with Porter's move to Scotland but what about EU regulations from Spain to the UK, anyone know.

Ian G.

I don't think so, but am not sure. From the FIFA regulations:

For players moving from one association to another inside the territory of the EU/EEA, the amount of training compensation payable shall be established based on the following:

- If the player moves from a lower to a higher category club, the calculation shall be based on the average training costs of the two clubs;

- If the player moves from a higher to a lower category, the calculation shall be based on the training costs of the lower-category club.

If the former club does not offer the player a contract, no training compensation is payable unless the former club can justify that it is entitled to such compensation. The former club must offer the player a contract in writing via registered post at least 60 days before the expiry of his current contract. Such an offer shall furthermore be at least of an equivalent value to the current contract. This provision is without prejudice to the right to training compensation of the player's previous club(s).

If this is correct, then it depends if his club offer him a contract to stay. If not, I think we could get him without paying compensation.

As the possible player in question is under 24 years of age, would we be liable for any training payment to his previous club?

I know we didn't get any with Porter's move to Scotland but what about EU regulations from Spain to the UK, anyone know.

Ian G.

From what I remember its only if a player signs for another team in the same country, thats why we got nowt for Porter?