Spanish Marc

From my understanding of the situation is that Real Madrid want a fee for training him up etc. Latics argument is that they won't get a fee due to him not being under contract at Madrid. His spanish agent is in Madrid's corner and his English agent is in latics. Basically it's not looking good.

From my understanding of the situation is that Real Madrid want a fee for training him up etc. Latics argument is that they won't get a fee due to him not being under contract at Madrid. His spanish agent is in Madrid's corner and his English agent is in latics. Basically it's not looking good.

in that case lets say thanks and move on and look elsewhere

Exactly, no point in wasting time on a player which doesn't look like he will be signing.

Surely there must be tonnes of holding mids at teams like United , Bolton Blackburn etc who wouldnt mind their players getting first team action for a few months

Is Lowe not back from international duty?

Lowe isn't what we need IMO - he's not that type of player.

We need someone to do what Marc did Vs Burnley. Bite, nibble, harrass, hassle & tackle whilst sitting deep & screening the back four; allowing Furman to push higher up the park.

Lee Carsley anyone? :wink:

Lowe isn't what we need IMO - he's not that type of player.

We need someone to do what Marc did Vs Burnley. Bite, nibble, harrass, hassle & tackle whilst sitting deep & screening the back four; allowing Furman to push higher up the park.

Lee Carsley anyone? :wink:

He is now under 18's coach at Coventry City, but i do know what you mean. I just wished we could of got Marc signed up!!

He is now under 18's coach at Coventry City, but i do know what you mean. I just wished we could of got Marc signed up!!

Ah bugger - didnt know that.

His type of player is what we need though; someone to do the ugly stuff so that Furman can be freed up to become the genuine box-to-box midfielder I think he is.

Surely there are more options out there in that mould of player - if the deal for Marc isn't looking like happening; then we have to move on; and quickly too surely?

Linky to explanation of "training compensation".

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4529&Itemid=318

I read that a compensation fee would be due:

Example (from the FAI Website): If Michael Owen had moved from Liverpool to AC Milan at age 19, when out of contract, training compensation payment would have been payable by Milan to Liverpool.

This surely means that we should have got a payment for Porter, but these rules I think were only enforced (in 2010) after the Katuka move to Chelsea. He didn't have a contract with Lens, but Chelsea were still due to be pay training compensation with them, though this was only £112k.

If we're not going to get Marc, how's this for a daft idea? I believe that Jason Koumas is still out of work. :peepwall:

I know, I know, we've no money, but he's earning diddly squat at the mo, and I don't see a queue of clubs lining up to take him on.

I'll put me sensible 'ead back on now and wait for the ridicule.