Spanish Marc

If we're not going to get Marc, how's this for a daft idea? I believe that Jason Koumas is still out of work. :peepwall:

I know, I know, we've no money, but he's earning diddly squat at the mo, and I don't see a queue of clubs lining up to take him on.

I'll put me sensible 'ead back on now and wait for the ridicule.

apparently dickov was looking at him earlier in preseason. maybe he's waiting for a better offer ,or dickovs waiting for wages to come down?

apparently dickov was looking at him earlier in preseason. maybe he's waiting for a better offer ,or dickovs waiting for wages to come down?

You will see alot of signings just before the dealine, as players know that they won't be getting a team any time soon and take an offer even if it means a wage cut!

From Twitter

Matt_chambers_ Matt Chambers

by mikekeeganmen

Dickov said at this morning's press conference he hopes to have two new players in for tomorrow, c midfielder and striker #oafc

James Weslowski is the midfielder then.. just a striker to go now..

From my understanding of the situation is that Real Madrid want a fee for training him up etc. Latics argument is that they won't get a fee due to him not being under contract at Madrid. His spanish agent is in Madrid's corner and his English agent is in latics. Basically it's not looking good.

How greedy can you get. One of the richest clubs in the world sticking out for a few thousand quid from a small club like ours!!

From the official site Re:Wesolowski.................Quote; "I only learned of Latics' interest last night so the transfer has happened very quickly."

Sounds like a plan B to me and almost certainly rules out any further move for the Spaniard.

From the official site Re:Wesolowski.................Quote; "I only learned of Latics' interest last night so the transfer has happened very quickly."

Sounds like a plan B to me and almost certainly rules out any further move for the Spaniard.

Don't mind wesolowski as a plan b

The fact it says a fee MIGHT be involved surely we should know this up front? Wasted shirt in pre season if we not got the money?

Its conceivable that Real Madrid decided to move the goalposts and insist on a fee after saying they would not.

they are Spanish after all :wink:

• 5 months later...