Rugby Union World Cup

Excellent result that.

Wales have a difficult game against Samoa at 04:30, one that they should win in all honesty - but won't.

:Wales:

Its an excellent result for Wales too as having lost to SA they should come second (the Samoa game being the decider), that means they will be facing Ireland in the quarters (as Ireland should now top their group) and Wales should fancy themselves more against the Irish compared to the Convicts. That one result has almost guaranteed a Northern Hemisphere finalist too as it probably will work out as a France/England v. Wales/Ireland semi and calling those games is going to be tough.

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking game between France and Tonga at the moment.

England v Jocks at 8.30am.

Tonga deservedly win, shame they've been eliminated that was an awesome performance. Typical shoulder shrugging performance from the 'cheese eating surrender monkeys', in-fighting in the camp apparently and going down the road the footballers have in the last few tournaments. Le Egos = Failure!

See how we do now….

Wilkinson drops a goal from 35 yards.

Commentator says "all budding young fly-halfs should be practicing that in the back garden".

Now, do any posters on owtb have a back garden suitable for this? I don't!

Edited by opinions4u

Wilkinson drops a goal from 35 yards.

Commentator says "all budding young fly-halfs should be practicing that in the back garden".

Now, do any posters on owtb have a back garden suitable for this? I don't!

I used to practise my drop-kicks fairly regularly in my back garden but that was for the purpose of restarts. Any budding fly-half will know about the importance of drop-kicks and given the poshness of union lots of those watching will be able to practise in their back garden and others could always use the local pitch (football/rugby).

Incidentally I wouldn't say the French failed at the last world cup- they got to the SF having beaten NZ. The French are possibly the most inconsistent side in Rugby Union, and are notorious for struggling against easier oppostion I wouldn't be counting England's place in the SF yet.