Rugby Union World Cup

Japan 21-25 Frenchies

12 minutes left.

French started like a house on fire but the Japs have been battering them.

Chance of a shock on ITV1 (although the big side usually runs in 20 points in the last 10 minutes in these circumstances).

Edited by opinions4u

Tight game in Dunedin, Argentina 6-3 England at HT. Argentina have been the better side but losing (Dr.) Felipe Contepomi to a rib injury could be a big loss in a tight game.

The ref has rightly been pinging England at the break-down but missing the odd similar infringement from Argentina

Union is better than League. :peepwall:

A good game of rugby is better than a bad game, no matter the code. I think League works better on the telly and is a tougher game to play but in many ways as it is very easy to switch between the codes it comes down to which code has more money for player's wages as to which is better, currently that's Union but it hasn't always been so.

I've watched a bit of both codes, with Saracens in union, and Quins/Leeds/Hornets in League.

I don't pretend to understand the rules of Union, but it is more watchable as a spectator sport. On TV though, there is only one and that is league. It is a much better TV sport.

Sadly, League abandoned its roots which will be its downfall IMO.

Perversely, watching Hornets as a kid has League ahead for me. Going to Perpignon (via Barcelona of course) remains one of the best away days (with Quins) I have done.

I went into watching Union as thinking it was the dullest sport on earth (it was a free ticket). I've seen two games both split by about three points with over sixty scored. Which helps I suspect. I'd still never really watch a game on telly (like yesterday where I just watched it at x12 on Sky+).

On the highlights i saw they were saying that the closed roof was buggering up the kicking in the england game. I do like a bit of union on the telly, its a bit like american football, it took a fair while of watching it with people who really knew what was going on before it really made any sense.

Ireland 15-6 Aussies

6 minutes left.

ITV1.

Good game despite the lack of tries.

Great game. You sensed that the Aussies would break through the Irish defence early in the second half but, after surviving a couple of scares, Ireland really chinked away at them. Fantastic result.