Manchester City to create the 'world's best' football training complex

No. Not in my opinion. I think football is on the verge of eating itself in this country and something like this would be a step too far for lots of fans, and not least the owners of other football clubs.

If I was a fan of, say, Leeds, I would without doubt boycott a Championship game against City 'B'.

I would agree not at the moment...

5 to 10 years time ? Perhaps... Depending on how many teams have either gone pop or are practically operating on a part time basis... Throw in a couple more World Cup failures as well...

Edited by oafc0000

I would agree not at the moment...

5 to 10 years time ? Perhaps... Depending on how many teams have either gone pop or are practically operating on a part time basis... Throw in a couple more World Cup failures as well...

I remember when the Latics played in the Lancashire Combination and Cheshire League against sides like Ashton United, Stalybridge Celtic, Hyde United and Droylsden.

They were competitive matches and those clubs supporters used to love a day out at BP.

It was also a chance to do a bit of talent spotting for non league prospects.

I see there is talk of some elite Premiership clubs reserve teams being drafted into the Championship, it already happens in Spain where Barcelona have a B team in the the second tier.

Also I have seen it mentioned about a Champions League for top European clubs reserve teams, if this all happens maybe a 7,000 seater stadium at City would be handy.

It can't possibly happen though - can it ?

They have got the Nextgen series where the City Elite Fighting Force (or whatever it is) took on Barca Yoof last week. Akin to the Champs leagues for youngsters.

I see there is talk of some elite Premiership clubs reserve teams being drafted into the Championship, it already happens in Spain where Barcelona have a B team in the the second tier.

Talk maybe but that would damage the credability of a very good product. Isn't the championship something like 9th biggest league in the world technically speaking and no matter what potential is in a B team, its still a B team. League 1 however, is another thing.

Also I have seen it mentioned about a Champions League for top European clubs reserve teams, if this all happens maybe a 7,000 seater stadium at City would be handy.

It can't possibly happen though - can it ?

I would have nothing more to do with football if it did