Manchester City to create the 'world's best' football training complex

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/875963-manchester-city-to-create-the-worlds-best-football-training-complex

Amazing facility... There are some better photos in the actual paper...

Its hard to see 92 professional football clubs in the future even more if this is the bench mark going forward...

Edited by oafc0000

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/875963-manchester-city-to-create-the-worlds-best-football-training-complex

Amazing facility... There are some better photos in the actual paper...

Its hard to see 92 professional football clubs in the future even more if this is the bench mark going forward...

Why do they need an additional 7,000 capacity stadium ?

Edited by BP1960

Two words

FEEDER CLUB .............

With something like this going on down the road - it is hard to see where clubs like us fit in. Nothing we can do to stop them doing this - but if they're going to eb getting some of the best youngsters around - we should be doing everything we can to get some sort of link with them. A few players on loan here and there....perhaps recomendations on players who don't quite make it.

There are plenty of clubs around here and we're in an ideal spot to offer decent young players first team action where they don't even have to move out of their digs.....

You have to hope links are being tried for at the very least

With something like this going on down the road - it is hard to see where clubs like us fit in. Nothing we can do to stop them doing this - but if they're going to eb getting some of the best youngsters around - we should be doing everything we can to get some sort of link with them. A few players on loan here and there....perhaps recomendations on players who don't quite make it.

There are plenty of clubs around here and we're in an ideal spot to offer decent young players first team action where they don't even have to move out of their digs.....

You have to hope links are being tried for at the very least

No chance with Steve Eyre at Rochdale, and now that Cook has left means that Dickov's links are now tenuous at best. Oh and the fact Marwood is a :censored: of the highest order….

No chance with Steve Eyre at Rochdale, and now that Cook has left means that Dickov's links are now tenuous at best. Oh and the fact Marwood is a :censored: of the highest order….

There's really no harm in trying....surley with this being a multi-million pound operation, basing links to local clubs on who is in charge at the time isn't the wisest thing to do. Will dickov or eyre be in charge of either side come the end of the season? Nobody knows........We have a decent record with youngsters at this club, and i thought it was fairly common knowledge that Philliskirk is an outstanding youth coach. We should be going to them, not with who we have in charge being friendly with maureen the tea lady, but with a list of things we can do to help them bring kids through the ranks. Why can't we benefit City just because they're a filthy stinking rich club? Large clubs will always need smaller clubs...

There's really no harm in trying....surley with this being a multi-million pound operation, basing links to local clubs on who is in charge at the time isn't the wisest thing to do. Will dickov or eyre be in charge of either side come the end of the season? Nobody knows........We have a decent record with youngsters at this club, and i thought it was fairly common knowledge that Philliskirk is an outstanding youth coach. We should be going to them, not with who we have in charge being friendly with maureen the tea lady, but with a list of things we can do to help them bring kids through the ranks. Why can't we benefit City just because they're a filthy stinking rich club? Large clubs will always need smaller clubs...

I've no doubt Philly is capable of picking up a few rejected scholars, as for loanees Marwood insists on a contribution towards wages that we simply cannot afford. Word is we have a £500 per week contribution limit towards wages for loanees, (If we have to contribute) which may go some way to explaining the main calibre of loanee we secure. One or two excepted but Clarke and SImpson were never going to play at Hudds (and I see they're trying to offload Cadamarteri now too)

Marwood's insistence on wages being paid meant we have missed out on McGivern and one or two others, certainly one of the lads that has turned up at Dale….

Having said all that, it makes sense to build closer links to both United and City, the former being pretty helpful lately with the goalkeepers and Blackburn too have helped us, can't do us any harm….

Edited by oafcprozac

Why on earth does city need us?

I didn't say city need oldham - they need teams LIKE oldham....

If you've got the biggest acadamy/youth setup around, you're likley to have a hell of a lot of players.....they'll have numerous players who don't catch the 1st XI / Reserves - what do you suggest they do with them?

If you've got the biggest acadamy/youth setup around, you're likley to have a hell of a lot of players.....they'll have numerous players who don't catch the 1st XI / Reserves - what do you suggest they do with them?

Look up B Teams / Howard Wilkinson on Google for your answer...

I've no doubt Philly is capable of picking up a few rejected scholars, as for loanees Marwood insists on a contribution towards wages that we simply cannot afford. Word is we have a £500 per week contribution limit towards wages for loanees, (If we have to contribute) which may go some way to explaining the main calibre of loanee we secure. One or two excepted but Clarke and SImpson were never going to play at Hudds (and I see they're trying to offload Cadamarteri now too)

Marwood's insistence on wages being paid meant we have missed out on McGivern and one or two others, certainly one of the lads that has turned up at Dale….

Having said all that, it makes sense to build closer links to both United and City, the former being pretty helpful lately with the goalkeepers and Blackburn too have helped us, can't do us any harm….

David Ball ?

Whatever they want.

We have the worlds richest club and the worlds most famous club on our doorstep.....it doesn't always help us financially but from a scouting point of view we are on their doorstep and if we can finally make it into the championship we are in a good location to enable us to pick up some of their scraps.....and there will be plenty of them!!

Would it be worth forfeiting the Richards sell on clause for first choice of any players they want to send out on loan? or even change it to only 10%.

From their point of view:

You don't stick a feeder club on your doorstep. The regulations on picking up youngsters mean you can have any kid from within 30 miles of your ground. They can pick up any kid from the Oldham area. You pick Orient or Walsall or Gateshead (if they go up) if you want a feeder club in this country. All, unofficial of course. We literally are the last club in the World City would look at for that purpose.

10% of nothing, as far as they care, is...

I see there is talk of some elite Premiership clubs reserve teams being drafted into the Championship, it already happens in Spain where Barcelona have a B team in the the second tier.

Also I have seen it mentioned about a Champions League for top European clubs reserve teams, if this all happens maybe a 7,000 seater stadium at City would be handy.

It can't possibly happen though - can it ?

Edited by BP1960

I see there is talk of some elite Premiership clubs reserve teams being drafted into the Championship, it already happens in Spain where Barcelona have a B team in the the second tier.

Also I have seen it mentioned about a Champions League for top European clubs reserve teams, if this all happens maybe a 7,000 seater stadium at City would be handy.

It can't possibly happen though - can it ?

No. Not in my opinion. I think football is on the verge of eating itself in this country and something like this would be a step too far for lots of fans, and not least the owners of other football clubs.

If I was a fan of, say, Leeds, I would without doubt boycott a Championship game against City 'B'.

I thought it might make sense for up to put up a fairly simple one or two thousand seater around a pitch that we could have used for reserves, youth and training (and rugby) if we were developing a big site. Doesnt seem that daft for those tossers to have a scaled up version. They are joking that they will get monies worth out of these plans anyway, they will sell some of them onto sunderland for the odd million here and there.