Tuesday Afternoon Teaser

It's a fair point but Blackpool are riding a wave at the moment. What was their average in this division?

6,876...but that was when the steam rolled up to the play-offs under Grayson.

hypothetically, if we went up, what sort of attendances to you think we'd pull in, new stadium or not, i don't think we'd get into 5 figures, average wise!

Edited by alex_balls

6,876...but that was when the steam rolled up to the play-offs under Grayson.

hypothetically, if we went up, what sort of attendances to you think we'd pull in, new stadium or not, i don't think we'd get into 5 figures, average wise!

What was our average attendance in the old second division pre the pinch-me events?

What were we averageing the first season back down in the championship?

The 'hardcore' Oldham support is very very low. Which is why when people were upset about a proposed 12,000 seater stadium I wasn't particularly as long as it was possible to increase it theoretically at some point in the future. I think even in the Championship it wouild be sufficient for 90% of the games, or maybe 75% if we did OK.

I prefer to watch games in a relatively full stand than have people spreadout. I think atmosphere at BP is better when we give the Rochdale Road end to away supporters and move the home support into 2 full-ish stands.

What was our average attendance in the old second division pre the pinch-me events?

What were we averageing the first season back down in the championship?

The 'hardcore' Oldham support is very very low. Which is why when people were upset about a proposed 12,000 seater stadium I wasn't particularly as long as it was possible to increase it theoretically at some point in the future. I think even in the Championship it wouild be sufficient for 90% of the games, or maybe 75% if we did OK.

I prefer to watch games in a relatively full stand than have people spreadout. I think atmosphere at BP is better when we give the Rochdale Road end to away supporters and move the home support into 2 full-ish stands.

At the moment even if we did get promoted to the Championship we would not have a capacity stadium at any game.

At the moment even if we did get promoted to the Championship we would not have a capacity stadium at any game.

Really? Current capacity of around 9,500 isn't it - so I'd imagine that a 'big' champsionship side might fill the away end which is 4,600 I think, therefore leaving us 4,900. I think we'd manage that on the back of a promotion season the following year.

I don't think teams travel in such big numbers as they used to, look when we play Notlob in the FA Cup back in 05???? they only brought just over a 1,000.

Teams like Birmingham, Derby, Coventry, Forest who you would expect to bring the 4,000 plusses, just wouldn't now, 2,000 probably, and with our home gates going up to 5,000 you'd be looking at that sort of attendance for our home matches i'd have thought.

Obviously your Burnleys would bring a fair few, but i still don't think we'd get the home 'support' up.

Away end fully holds 4,600 so that leaves around 6,000 home seats (7,600 if they gave us the small bit of Rocky), couldn't see us filling that.

all ifs and buts anyway, but in a new stadium, that'd be a different proposition altogether.

Can't find the average attendances for the seasons you mentioned.

I don't think teams travel in such big numbers as they used to, look when we play Notlob in the FA Cup back in 05???? they only brought just over a 1,000.

Not sure this has much relevance as Prem fans don't want to spend their money travelling to see their team play a League One side. They'd prefer to spend their money seeing one of their more glamorous league fixtures.

Watford have managed two. In the late 90s when Bradford were in it and again in like 2003, when Ashley Young played for them and Aidy Boothroyd managed them.

Indeed, firstly when Allan Smart got them promoted (he's going places that lad). Then under Boothroyd, must have been about 2006/07 though as Ashley Young hasn't been around that long.

Not sure this has much relevance as Prem fans don't want to spend their money travelling to see their team play a League One side. They'd prefer to spend their money seeing one of their more glamorous league fixtures.

get your point but City brought over 4,500 the round before, Bolton, like Wigan have pathetic away followings.