Kindle Fire

Lookers_Carl

Fools!!!

Yes and No.

Cost of upgrading our Customer's decades old Unix infrastructure was beyond what they could afford. It was decided the Windows environment was more cost effective.

I wasn't privy to any of that as the project was well under way when I came back to the role I'm in now.

Project's going surprisingly well, whilst our Unix-to-Unix move is all over the place.

Not sure how this cloud gaming works but if it's anything like playing online through a wireless router I don't think it would work.

I use call of duty as an example. When I try it through the router I get killed everytine I go one on one with an opponent. Might be coincidence? Maybe theyre just quicker than me? However, when I play with it plugged in, I rule! I think there's a slight delay. This could also be due to my broadband speed being slower than others? Anyway, that's my 2 penneth....

The wired/wireless bit is only the part of the connection to your router, which connects to the internet, the first/last link in the chain as it were.

The cloud is just a name given to services that you access via the net once you get beyond your own edge router, so, if your own speed within your own house is slower on wireless then you would see slower service on wireless.

Re-read your post, not trying you to teach you to suck eggs, you are right, I just misinterpreted that you thought the cloud was "wireless.

The wired/wireless bit is only the part of the connection to your router, which connects to the internet, the first/last link in the chain as it were.

The cloud is just a name given to services that you access via the net once you get beyond your own edge router, so, if your own speed within your own house is slower on wireless then you would see slower service on wireless.

Re-read your post, not trying you to teach you to suck eggs, you are right, I just misinterpreted that you thought the cloud was "wireless.

Thats probably bang on, i need to actually read up on what the cloud actually is! So its not the thing Monkey Magic used to zoom around on?