Feel quite sorry for the guy, actually. He was a quality defender at this level before he picked up the injury that kept him out ages.

not having that it was all his injury , people have come back from much worse injuries to be at a decent level if not higher. from what my old boss said (Preston fan) he was arrogant and didnt have the desire to succeed at Preston after he fell out with Fergie

Feel quite sorry for the guy, actually. He was a quality defender at this level before he picked up the injury that kept him out ages.

I feel sorry for him too. But there is a lesson to be learnt. It is not all about money.

I personally thought he should not have gone to Preston,at that time,he was developing very well at Oldham.

I also think that going to Chesterfield,is a better move than Rochdale. Sheridan could get him back to something like he was.

Trotman played, what, 20-odd games for us? I must have seen about half of them and he never particularly filled me with confidence defensively. The fact he was a great athlete got him out of the :censored: on numerous occasions. If his serious injury has impaired his athleticism fairly significantly, it's no surprise that he now looks a bit pony.