Chris Taylor

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there we massively disagree, massively so in fact.

I think the one element that Chris has been outstanding in this season, more than any other one, has been his tracking back, covering, pressing, tackling & defending.

He has worked so hard in certain games; you can quite clearly see he has been dead on his feet come the final whistle.

The protection he was giving our out of position very young; very raw stand-in LB was top-notch, and smacked of a player who at 24 and 250+ games has learned a lot in a short time, and was assuming a senior role in protecting & covering a young teammate at the expense of his own individual attacking performance.

But hey, guess I should assume the position in the ranks - Taylor's :censored: & should be dropped. I hope he leave tomorrow the ginger :censored:-bag

I agree with you pal. Taylor grafted hard when he didnt have the ball. Some latics fans arnt happy until they have destroyed a player. and one of there own.

who let there man have free header. not taylor. who let there man slide in for the 2nd not taylor. where was our 2 centre halves when the ball was played round the back. lagging behind thats where.you anti taylor people do my head in. eardley got same treatment. pathetic.

I agree with you pal. Taylor grafted hard when he didnt have the ball. Some latics fans arnt happy until they have destroyed a player. and one of there own.

who let there man have free header. not taylor. who let there man slide in for the 2nd not taylor. where was our 2 centre halves when the ball was played round the back. lagging behind thats where.you anti taylor people do my head in. eardley got same treatment. pathetic.

Show me where I blamed Taylor for the goals on saturday?

This is what really pisses me off about this board - mostly decent discussion takes place but as soon as someone has a different opinion on a player that doesn't match their own, people jump down the throat of that person because their own ego's cannot accept that someone else has a different view.

STOP this 'because he is an oldham fan he is immune from criticism' rubbish - he is a player in the team like everyone else and in my opinion, for the most part this season has been poor and does not deserve to start every game/never be substituted.

IN MY OPINION he is an average league 1 player capable of good performances but who just has not produced consistently.

HIS JOB is to CREATE goals and he has done this once so far this season for wesolowski to score. He does not have the thinking in his head to simply get to the byline and put in cross after cross - this is his JOB. If he did this consistently then fine - you can say 'even if Taylor has a bad game we know he will always look to put crosses in' - he would still give the team something productive and effective.

His defending is all about marking the space in front of the right back instead of running at the full back and nicking the ball away, thereby giving that player time and space to pass/put a cross in (before you go mental again, not his fault on this occassion on saturday) - take time to just study this during a game and you will see that there is no real urgency in Chris to get that ball back.

Based on what he has done previously i do not deny he has ability to be a real threat - if he stays thats fine. But on current form he has been average at best and for me has not given us any real end product all season be it goals or assists; so on this basis should he go i would not be too bothered.

You can't live on past glories for ever and he is just not doing it at the moment, for me.

OH NO I hear you cry - it's a different opinion to mine.

Well done - YES it is - I want Taylor to do well and do not believe he never tries, but standing back and looking at his all round game at present he is nothing more than average.

DELIGHTED if he proves me wrong - NOT A HOUNDER-OUTER - just an opinion.

Edited by shefflatic

TO me if it a question of do we cash in in January or he gets to play in champsionship in Aug. If we are promoted then a major chance he will stay, if we are not then almost certain he will go and we get no money.

Decisions, decisions and we hve been here before.

Agree with others, if we are not promoted then there could be a major squad upheavel.

IF we are close eg play offs, then I thnik PD is in danger of being paoched too, as he will ahve done well with such a limted budget.