Chris Taylor

With the likes of Morais being dropped and other first team regulars from last year isnt it his time to get dropped because he just goes missing in the game try mellor on the left for JPT and Paul black left back and see if it improves.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the likes of Morais being dropped and other first team regulars from last year isnt it his time to get dropped because he just goes missing in the game try mellor on the left for JPT and Paul black left back and see if it improves.

I have also noticed he is a slow starter, something in common with the rest of the midfield in particular, in too many games Latics are conceding the early initiative and the manager needs to get his players to impose themselves on the opposition from the kick off.

A prime example was yesterday when Bury were well on top even before Latics went down to 10 men.

If Latics allow Crewe and Burton to dominate early they could be in for a couple of cup shocks.

Chris Taylor, assuming he's fit, should not be dropped.

Hmm, i think he should be rested on Tuesday. Morais is more than able to come in onto the wing, especially against a league two side. Few other players should have a slight rest on Tuesday aswell such as Kuqi, Simpson etc.

I'd line them up on Tuesday as:

Gerrard

Lee

M'voto

Tarky

Black

Scapuzzi

Furman

Winchester

Morais

Smith

Brooke/Mancini

Subs:

Simpson/Connor if a keeper on bench..If not then Adeyemi

Taylor

Kuqi

Diamond

Mellor

Dickov HAS TO play his best side which im sure he will, and that wil include Tayls, Simmo n Kuqi,,,for the first time in years their is optimism surrounding this competition, n long may it continue

What is his best side ?

What is his best side ?

I said yesterday he doesn't know and hasn't since the day he arrived….his constant tinkering just like last season means it will forever be two steps forward and three back. When we need him to change the game with subs, he is left wanting….Bury would have wobbled had we nicked a goal, he simply didn't know what to do to change it….

Hmm, i think he should be rested on Tuesday. Morais is more than able to come in onto the wing, especially against a league two side. Few other players should have a slight rest on Tuesday aswell such as Kuqi, Simpson etc.

I'd line them up on Tuesday as:

Gerrard

Lee

M'voto

Tarky

Black

Scapuzzi

Furman

Winchester

Morais

Smith

Brooke/Mancini

Subs:

Simpson/Connor if a keeper on bench..If not then Adeyemi

Taylor

Kuqi

Diamond

Mellor

We're not even close to being good enough to rest our best players in any competition. If we don't play our strongest XI on Tuesday then we're out, simple as...

I know its all about opinions but for me only 3 outfield players really showed up yesterday and Taylor was one one of them, Sometimes i don't know what the poor lad has to do to get a positive response on here.

We're not even close to being good enough to rest our best players in any competition. If we don't play our strongest XI on Tuesday then we're out, simple as...

Can't play players for 46 league games and then cup games aswell which currently would stand at 49 games. Some of them, especially Kuqi will be knackered after all the chasing they had to do other day. Much rather play a more weakened side in a cup game against lower opposition than in the league, which is our priority. It also enables some of the back-up/fringe/youth players to get valuable first team action and show Dickov what they can do.

I said yesterday he doesn't know and hasn't since the day he arrived….his constant tinkering just like last season means it will forever be two steps forward and three back. When we need him to change the game with subs, he is left wanting….Bury would have wobbled had we nicked a goal, he simply didn't know what to do to change it….

Really not his biggest fan are you?

Taylor won't be dropped & shouldn't IMO. He was quality second half on Saturday. He's lost a bit of his attacking threat as he's having to watch out for an inexperienced LB. Once Black is back at LB, I think we'll see a improved Taylor.

In no way should he be dropped.....

I know its all about opinions but for me only 3 outfield players really showed up yesterday and Taylor was one one of them, Sometimes i don't know what the poor lad has to do to get a positive response on here.

second half maybe,first half he went missing....

i dont know whether its me,or what the definition of a winger is,but i thought it was someone who played out wide got chalk on there boots and ran down the flank firing crosses in..

saturday after the sending off he was crap for rest of half,constantly going into middle of field hiding and leaving the wing exposed,which bury used to there advantage to get forward easy and fire crosses over....had he stuck to thw ing he would of forced bury to go down the middle....

second half fair enough,apart from his blatant dive he improved....he just needs to put in a full shift....

The role of the winger has changed though, look at United or City this season both have wingers cutting in with the full back overlapping. Besides with Taylor playing on the left cutting inside is his best bet to be a threat, sometimes he does it too early though not allowing Mellor, Black or the rarley spotted but highly rated Diallo to catch up. And before people start shouting for him to switch wings, when on the right he is no where near as dangerous and easy to beat.

I really don't understand calls for Black to be brought back into the team or that Mellor isn't a left back. He struggles positionally but so does Black. He gives us so much going forward where as Black offers nothing. Distribution and first touch both quality. Also he is strong in the air. Black was targeted aerially on numerous occasions last season and it cost us. Sheff Wednesday at home and Saints at home spring to mind. Keep playing Mellor there but offer him more protection.

I really don't understand calls for Black to be brought back into the team or that Mellor isn't a left back. He struggles positionally but so does Black. He gives us so much going forward where as Black offers nothing. Distribution and first touch both quality. Also he is strong in the air. Black was targeted aerially on numerous occasions last season and it cost us. Sheff Wednesday at home and Saints at home spring to mind. Keep playing Mellor there but offer him more protection.

Who is going to protect him without loosing a battle in a similar position eg Furman protecting then they will target down the middle

second half maybe,first half he went missing....

i dont know whether its me,or what the definition of a winger is,but i thought it was someone who played out wide got chalk on there boots and ran down the flank firing crosses in..

saturday after the sending off he was crap for rest of half,constantly going into middle of field hiding and leaving the wing exposed,which bury used to there advantage to get forward easy and fire crosses over....had he stuck to thw ing he would of forced bury to go down the middle....

second half fair enough,apart from his blatant dive he improved....he just needs to put in a full shift....

Absolutely spot on, I thought he did well 2nd half and although I never said he needs dropping he shouldnt be immune from it as some feel.

Really not his biggest fan are you?

Taylor won't be dropped & shouldn't IMO. He was quality second half on Saturday. He's lost a bit of his attacking threat as he's having to watch out for an inexperienced LB. Once Black is back at LB, I think we'll see a improved Taylor.

In no way should he be dropped.....

It's not that i'm not a fan, I believe that after 17 months at the helm he should not be immune to criticism. He's done many good things - getting the fans onside was one of them and the start to last season but since then he's chopped and changed and it in the main has not worked. I still believe if we'd not got that penalty at Notts County we would have been relegated last season….

As for Taylor the first goal was down to him not tracking his runner, he stopped and left the lad a clear run and cross, that's poor as an experienced head. I wouldn't drop him, simply because there's no-one else imo that's any better in that position, as for Dickov I hope he sticks to his word and picks his strongest available team for the two cup-ties but it really is time he backed his first choice pairing and stuck with them instead of pissing about chopping and changing, and no more loanees. I

Time for Black to be reinstated and Mellor to be given a chance inside if Wes is still injured, Adeyemi should be sent back he's been average at best. Team for tomorrow night..

Gerrard

Lee

M'Voto

Diamond

Black

Simpson

Furman

Mellor

Taylor

Kuqi

Scapuzzi