Parker & Bembo back in action with trialist keeper for Reserves

Dean Bouzanis; (released by Liverpool)

Good shot stopper, but has shown difficulty with crosses according to reports, however he is only 21 and maybe worth a punt, some say he's 6ft 1" others say 6ft 3".

I could be if he is signed Latics will have 2 goalkeepers in the Australian Olympic football squad.

Here he is in action against the Latics;

Edited by BP1960

we not had him on trial before? very familiar name. he been on loan in league 1?

Division 2, 14 games from Accrington Stanley.

While looking for Bouzanis videos check out this amazing penalty kick about 1min 30 secs in, maybe we ought to send it to PD?

A great one for 'What happened next"

Edited by BP1960

we not had him on trial before? very familiar name. he been on loan in league 1?

BP's beaten me to it.

I remember a thread for the Accy Stanley fans forum when we were being linked with Cisak; where they had a poll rating the 2 young 'Keepers.

It was pretty even IIRC, but Cisak won out.

Hmmm - interesting news.

If the midfield can put the ball between defenders, and he can stay onside and time his runs, his pace could make all the difference this season.

Lets hope he has a finish and not just the pace like his previous number 17 namesake

Edited by razza699

Lets hope he has a finish and not just the pace like his previous number 17 namesake

Oh-No-You-Didnt.jpg

We'd done soooooooo well in not mentioning him on here for a while; Boo you Sir!!

If Josh can actually score the odd one-on-one every now & then, it'd be no comparison to him

Anyway - I think Parker is better as an old school inside-right forward in a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation rather than an outright striker - but his versitility adds options and its good he's nearing fitness

This is very interesting. We had Dean for a half season and he had a good cup run but was unfortunately inconsistent in League games. Good stopper and communicator but flapped in the air and distribution let him down. The murmorings about his release from Liverpool were to do with attitude. Most Accy fans regard Cisak as our best keeper ever and we were gutted to lose him. Nonetheless dean would be ok as a #2.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/cisak-or-bouzanis-57597.html

Royle Army esc update , saw Parker when I was getting my tickets sat in my car stalking players yesterday. asked him how he was doing big his hands are. he said "doing well , no bad reaction yesterday things looking positive" "do one, you big creepy man"

Hope he hasnt lost pacetha bunch of flowers i sent him

FTFY