The PlayerShare WebShop Christmas Shopping Campaign

opinions4u

Please support PlayerShare by doing all your online shopping via this link.

I'd like to drive the PlayerShare WebShop a little bit harder in the run up to Christmas and would appreciate everybody's support and ideas to get more people involved. At the same time, I don't want to turn it in to some sort of nuisance spam.

Feel free to post your ideas around how we can get more people to use the PlayerShare WebShop, particularly for their Christmas shopping. It's a time of year when most of us (along with friends and family) spend more than usual - so how can we got ourselves and those we know to use the link above and do their shopping in a way that costs them nothing more, but earns money for PlayerShare?

In the meantime, here's some Q&As.

How do I use the PlayerShare WebShop?

Simply go to www.spendandraise.com/xtra, find the shop that you would normally use online and click through to make your purchase as usual.

Can the PlayerShare WebShop save me money?

Yes. The search faciltiy on the front page can identify a number of shops stocking a particular product. For example, type in the name of a DVD or CD and you'll get a range of shops and prices (I just got a range of £3.29 to ££22.99 for a CD I've wanted for years, so the savings can be huge).

If I have a voucher code for a particular store, can I use that as well as going wia the PlayerShare WebShop?

Usually. Sites like www.hotukdeals.com have a voucher finder on them. This can help you get a further discount while still raising cash for PlayerShare.

There seem to be loads of shops I've never heard of on the site. What about the big retailers?

There are loads of big names too. Here's some links to get you directly to their sites while still earning money for PlayerShare (or you can use the link at the top of this post / in my signature line):

Vodafone Contracts

Toys R Us Just perfect for Christmas!

T Mobile Contracts

Sainsburys

Play.com

P&O Cruises 4% of the cost of a cruise? Yes please!

O2 Mobile Contracts

National Express Coaches Ideal fr travel.

Marks & Spencer

Love Film

John Lewis Some great gifts.

JD Sports Support a firm that supports Latics.

Hotels.com For holiday trips and away matches.

Halfords

First TransPennine Express Train tickets with no surcharges.Debenhams

Currys

Comet Order online and collect at Elk Mill.

Boots

B&Q

Asda Direct

Amazon If it's not there, it doesn't exist.

Is there a poster that I could display in my workplace?

Yes. Try this:

http://www.spendandraise.com/files/tools/Purple%20poster%2027%20sept.pdf (remember to write the word "xtra" in to the box).

Please support it. Please share your ideas for spreading the word and getting more people to use it.

And follow on Twitter ... @PlayerShareShop.

Edited by opinions4u

I've used it today by just clicking on your Amazon link. Is that sufficient without also clicking on the link at the start of your post? :unsure:

Thanks Diego.

That is sufficient. I put them in there to bypass the need to go via the A to Z listings in the main link - to save you time. Made a slight amendment to the wording above.

Hopefully that will filter through to the official total in the next day or two.

If anybody else is unsure, just ask.

Edited by opinions4u

Just spent £80 on play.com (somehow) through it. Don't know if it worked for playershare. Didn't tell me anything about it if it did?

It won't tell you anything at the time of the transaction, although if you go back to the main www.spendandraise.com/xtra site there are some commission amounts in the bottom right corner.

The last few minutes have seen £3.39 in commission added. Another 31p appeared this morning and 3p the day before. I can attribute the 3p to Amazon. My work laptop isn't too clever though and won't confirm the £3.39 or 31p retailers, so I'll check tonight if Mrs o4u doesn't have other duties lined up.

A spend of around £84.75 on "gadgets" at Play.com via www.spendandraise.com/xtra would make £3.39 in income.

Some commissions show up immediately, others overnight (Amazon are one of these) and occasionally several days later.

A genuine thanks for using the site though. Quick, simple and makes cash for better players.

Please keep on using it when you spend online and please get friends, family and work colleagues doing the same.

Edited by opinions4u

It won't tell you anything at the time of the transaction, although if you go back to the main www.spendandraise.com/xtra site there are some commission amounts in the bottom right corner.

The last few minutes have seen £3.39 in commission added. Another 31p appeared this morning and 3p the day before. I can attribute the 3p to Amazon. My work laptop isn't too clever though and won't confirm the £3.39 or 31p retailers, so I'll check tonight if Mrs o4u doesn't have other duties lined up.

A spend of around £84.75 on "gadgets" at Play.com via www.spendandraise.com/xtra would make £3.39 in income.

Some commissions show up immediately, others overnight (Amazon are one of these) and occasionally several days later.

A genuine thanks for using the site though. Quick, simple and makes cash for better players.

Please keep on using it when you spend online and please get friends, family and work colleagues doing the same.

No worries it was very painless using it that way. I buy a lot off the internet. I will continue to use the link. i often forget and go straight to the site, I've added the link to my favourites so hopefully won't forget much more.

I can confirm the most recent transactions are:

Play. com £81.17 ... £3.39

Amazon £31.49 ... £0.31

Amazon £3.47 ... £0.03

i florist £34.90 ... £4.54

Figures shown are spend and commission earned.

Wow people need to buy more flowers. That's well over 10% kickback

Wow people need to buy more flowers. That's well over 10% kickback

Easy money.

Still waiting on Diego's Amazon spend to appear, but we've got another £11.98 from unknown source today - will check it later. A new 7p and 4p have also appeared ... every little helps :grin: .

Adding the site to favourites is a great idea.

Edited by opinions4u

If you do, tell her it's conditional, on her using the PlayerShare WebShop for all her online shopping.

If we get the girlies on to it we'll make a fortune!

The wife's just had me ordering summat on the Superdrug website (some unmissable perfume offer apparently) for part of the Mother in Law's Chrimble gift.

For once I actually remembered the link, signed up and hopefully a few more pennies will drop into the "FFS We need to keep Kuqi fund!" :grin:

£1.69 apparently! Happy Days! :grin:

Edited by oafcprozac

The wife's just had me ordering summat on the Superdrug website (some unmissable perfume offer apparently) for part of the Mother in Law's Chrimble gift.

For once I actually remembered the link, signed up and hopefully a few more pennies will drop into the "FFS We need to keep Kuqi fund!" :grin:

£1.69 apparently! Happy Days! :grin:

Fantastic. It's showing as £1.69 from Superdrug which is a decent commission rate too. And a handful of Amazon transactions have dropped on too.

Good mention on Twitter! Remember to follow @PlayerShareShop on Twitter.

Keep that Kuqi!

If you're thinking of ordering a Friday night takeaway, take a look at Just Eat through the link below. You get your food ... PlayerShare gets commission.

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/goto.php?rb=3-2005

How about making it your homepage? Maybe just for the Christmas period. Won't forget to use it then!

So simple, it's brilliant!

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/

Open explorer, and click Tools...then internet options. Under "General tab" there is a option at the top that says home page. Type the homepage you wish, exactly as it appears when you go to it.. ie "http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/" And then click ok at the bottom... it will be your homepage forever.

So simple, it's brilliant!

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/

Open explorer, and click Tools...then internet options. Under "General tab" there is a option at the top that says home page. Type the homepage you wish, exactly as it appears when you go to it.. ie "http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/" And then click ok at the bottom... it will be your homepage forever.

Done, won't forget now…

The Adidas Shop pays a whopping 7% commission too.

£6.65 made for PlayerShare last night.

Getting quite excited. There have been loads of different users this week, with Amazon, Superdrug, H Samuel and Play the most popular for spending.

Just short of £25 raked in within 7 days.

A result!

Keep on shopping via www.spendandraise.com/xtra, make it your home page so you don't forget.

Latics items via the PlayerShare WebShop

If you type in Oldham Athletic to the search facility, you get a few intereting Latics items, such as 50s shirt, 60s shirt, 70s shirt, 81-82 shirt, current kit (although probably best for the club if you buy via the club shop if items are available there) and a range of books.

Take a look.

Train Ticket For Bournemouth

If you're able to invest the time in next weeks likely goalfest at Dean Court, book the rail tickets through the linky above and PlayerShare gets a cut.

Also worth getting a Bite Card to get 20% off at various mainline railway station concessions.

(No idea if National Express is a travel choice for anybody, but this link will also earn money for PlayerShare and allow you to book a coach ticket!)

Edited by opinions4u