Best Latics Back Four

Hmmm. Tough one. Don't forget this is favourite, not necessarily best.

Eardley or Halle?

Jobson or Hill?

Armstrong or Irwin?

etc etc

The only shoe-in is Warhurst. Absolute class act.

I rated Eardley but anyone who puts him above Halle, in terms of ability or entertainment (or anything else for that matter) hasn't got a clue.

If people earlier were referrimg to Mark Hudson replacing Hill, they're a season out IIRC

Hudson made his debut away at Brentford under the Dowie misfits, not the Dowie stars team.

As for the 'best / favourite' back 4 - its so tricky to get to just 4 isnt it? I have only 1 cert and that is Paul Warhurst

Irwin or Armstrong?

Barrett or Gregan?

Halle or Eardley?

Then there's Jobson, Barlow, Fitz Hall, Charlton.....

Think i'm plumping for Irwin - Gregan - Warhurst - Halle but i cant belive i'm dropping The Pearl. Wow, hard this.......!!!!

Ha - lets be honest here, he was pretty dreadful BUT, i did used to like watching Guy Branston go about his business on the footy pitch. I used to really like the totally unessessary sprints back into position after another failed corner & being able to actually see his thought processes leading up to fouls ("if i kick him in the shins now, i might get away with a card as he's blocking the ref's view" type thing)

Terrible with the ball at his feet and a real 'big lump' defender if ever there was one- but he was pretty entertaining IMO