Simpsons free kick yesterday

And there was me & my mate at the game saying Brooke is currently contributing absolutely nothing to the club at the moment…………..it seems he is then, if he's the corporate box club gimp on a Pizza-eating duties.

Brooke, Mellor and Winchester walked past me going into the ground. Brooke was saying 'I'd love to be playing today against Shez'.

I think we're being harsh on Brooke.

Looked good until the Preston keeper clattered him.

He looked much improved last pre-season that's for sure. Seemed to appear to want it, had a bit of bite about him and looked like he wanted it - without ever really ripping it up though.

Then the bad injury and he's taken 973 steps backwards. When I've seen him since, he was back the little lad lost again, looked like he's lost the 'edge' and the loan move spoke volumes IMO - no goals and and a big thumbs down from the Barrow fans.

It's a shame, but a drift down to Non-League beckons very quickly for the lad.

There is zip-squat reason for him being around right now - he's so far down the pecking order that he really should be away from the club on a long loan move, doing his best to get himself in the shop window. Shame, but IMO we'll be talking about him in the same breath of the likes of Chris Hall, Matty Barlow & the Wolf. FC United or Ashton next season for the Brooke.

He looked much improved last pre-season that's for sure. Seemed to appear to want it, had a bit of bite about him and looked like he wanted it - without ever really ripping it up though.

Then the bad injury and he's taken 973 steps backwards. When I've seen him since, he was back the little lad lost again, looked like he's lost the 'edge' and the loan move spoke volumes IMO - no goals and and a big thumbs down from the Barrow fans.

It's a shame, but a drift down to Non-League beckons very quickly for the lad.

There is zip-squat reason for him being around right now - he's so far down the pecking order that he really should be away from the club on a long loan move, doing his best to get himself in the shop window. Shame, but IMO we'll be talking about him in the same breath of the likes of Chris Hall, Matty Barlow & the Wolf. FC United or Ashton next season for the Brooke.

…………..and, for me - Kirk Millar, Connor Hughes, Matty Carr & James Tarkowski should be out on loan at present.

Tarky IMO would be worthy of a L2 side - best bet of a local (ish) one like Accy Stanley, Macclesfield, maybe even a Morecombe

Millar, Hughes & Carr - to the blue square prem or, in Kirk Millar's case; maybe even the Irish League for a while. They need competitive games; reserve games just aren't the same thing - and IMO their development is being curtailed by being around the 1st X1 squad but never actually catching the side.

Out on loan with a recall just in case I say, and fast.