Amusing Latics stories ?

...Didn't end well though - we lost 3-0...

That was the game when it was so obvious the ref was hell-bent on ensuring a Pompey victory. The rarely-wrong Chron reported that he burst into the Latics dressing room during Joe Royle's half-time team-talk and told off Joe for criticising him to the players. Joe was flabbergasted! Soon after the start of the second half he gave Pompey a penalty, which was laughed at by the home fans, who could not for the life of them understand why it had been given.

I draw your attention to the OWTB Rules and Guidelines:

"We strive to have a courteous and respectful community where members can discuss and debate without fear of abusive and unnecessarily rude behaviour from other members."

I draw your attention to the rules of life:

'Occasionally people will make jokes, these jokes will be tongue in cheek and therefore should be taken as such. These jokes will be easily identifiable to anyone who reads them and spends a second thinking about them. If these jokes are seen as distasteful, you may approach the originator of such jokes and ask for an apology. However this apology may not be forthcoming.'

I draw your attention to the rules of life:

'Occasionally people will make jokes, these jokes will be tongue in cheek and therefore should be taken as such. These jokes will be easily identifiable to anyone who reads them and spends a second thinking about them. If these jokes are seen as distasteful, you may approach the originator of such jokes and ask for an apology. However this apology may not be forthcoming.'

I found your comment, with an exclamation mark and no emoticons, distasteful, and would appreciate an apology.

Apologies for exclaiming you were old.

Please believe that throughout my youthful mischievousness my tongue was quite firmly in my cheek.

I believe this ageism could be resolved with a handshake.

Addendum: Emoticons ain’t my bag baby!

Apology accepted.

Groucho Marx said: “A man is only as old as the woman he feels.” B)

Away game to Warsaw four seasons back, sat at the back of the away stand watching the warm up,not many Latics fans in the stadium but enough to witness the most embarrassing moment ive had in my 37 yrs being a Latic, so there i was pie in one hand and coffee in t'other and along comes golden bollox Lee Hughes, takes a shot at goal misses by miles, high wide and not so handsome, it was heading straight towards my lad in the seat next to me , there i was, thinking , " thats gonna hurt " when the lad in the row in front of us put up his arm and deflected a white missile towards me, i had no time to react, hands full of goodies and then ...SMACK... right in the kisser, pie, glasses and coffee everywhere....not a happy bunny, and then to add insult to injury, the lads in front gave a nice rendition of who ate all the pies, and then followed it with where's your pie gone....oh how my sides still ache from the laughter...NOT, oh and when my brother got home his pet dog started sniffing ar his jeans, he realised a piece of the pie had become lodged down the crack of his troosers..... but we did win so alls well that ends well....!!

I remmember that incident with Plymouth, think we won 2.1... I actually told you to tell Betty Pascall about it.. I was only abougt 9

myself.. I have often thought of that occasion,.. Memory serves me well, it was in the chaddy end

Yeah that's the one. Latics fans were trying to throw stones through/over the chaddy end fencing... Aghhhh betty pascall - memories. Lovely lady