Spurs this season....

Can they win the league....realistically? Start of the season (especially after the two drubbings against the manc t***s) i thought no chance, however they seem to have really kicked on from those result and are playing soom good stuff. They have also managed to grind out wins where they have been 2nd best (WBA and Fulham away both 3-1) which is always a good sign and I have been looking at their upcoming fixtures before they travel to City 0n 22-Jan.....

(H)Tottenham V PAOK (Europa)

(H)Tottenham v Bolton

(A)Stoke v Tottenham

(A)Shamrock v Tottenham (Europa)

(H)Tottenham v Sunderland

(H)Tottenham v Chelsea

(A)Norwich v Tottenham

(A)Swansea v Tottenham

(H)Tottenham v WBA

(H)Tottenham v Everton

(H)Tottenham v Wolves

The Europa really sint a distraction as they are playing two sides they should get 6pts from even with the weakened side they play anyway.

So with 6 at home and 3 away, is it not reasonable to say they could easily pick up a good 24 pts out of this? Potential banana skins being Stoke & Swansea away and maybe Chelsea at home if they have improved by then?

I really do think they could be in a very good position when they go to city mid Jan. It'd be great if they could pul a title out of the bag however unlikley it may be. I've always liked spurs and plus it'd really piss off united (and moreso City who I hate more than anyone now)

Can they win the league....realistically? Start of the season (especially after the two drubbings against the manc t***s) i thought no chance, however they seem to have really kicked on from those result and are playing soom good stuff. They have also managed to grind out wins where they have been 2nd best (WBA and Fulham away both 3-1) which is always a good sign and I have been looking at their upcoming fixtures before they travel to City 0n 22-Jan.....

<fixtures snip>

The Europa really sint a distraction as they are playing two sides they should get 6pts from even with the weakened side they play anyway.

So with 6 at home and 3 away, is it not reasonable to say they could easily pick up a good 24 pts out of this? Potential banana skins being Stoke & Swansea away and maybe Chelsea at home if they have improved by then?

I really do think they could be in a very good position when they go to city mid Jan. It'd be great if they could pul a title out of the bag however unlikley it may be. I've always liked spurs and plus it'd really piss off united (and moreso City who I hate more than anyone now)

Me too.

They've always looked to the play the right way.

The down side is - and I think I'm in the minority here - is that I can't stick Harry Redknapp. His rent-a-quote nature, the way he doesn his transfer business and the way he handles his media work really irk me.

Just to break up the usual Premier League Top 4 order, and the Man U / Chelsea / Arsenal title wins - it'd be fantastic for someone else to win it for a change. But not City; City can fook off!

Do I think they could? Possible with the way they're playing at the moment. Are the going to? Chances are, no.

Edited by slystallone

Spurs are one of the clubs that outside London are liked, but in London Everyone who doesn't support them hates spurs. My west ham supporting mate says if spurs win the league he's moving back up north.

I think they are a striker short - If adabayor stops scoring / gets injured they'll struggle to keep up this form.

Edited by pukka

Spurs are one of the clubs that outside London are liked, but in London Everyone who doesn't support them hates spurs. My west ham supporting mate says if spurs win the league he's moving back up north.

I think they are a striker short - If adabayor stops scoring / gets injured they'll struggle to keep up this form.

I think Harry knows that. If they can pick up a decent striker in January they could be laughing all the way to 2nd unless United sort their form out.

Its been clear right from the outset that they didn't give a :censored: about the Europa League, as he's played a full team of kids and reserves in every game.

It was clearly just a unwanted distraction.

They are a very decent team and have some cracking individual players in Bale, Van der Vaart and Modric, if thay can keep their big players fit and Adebayor remains interested, then I can see them being in the top 4.

Edited by Hometownclub