Biggest week for an age!

With Bradford here then Sheff Wendy, followed by Southend and its big cash prize, WOW.

I'd prefer to lose on saturday and have an area final , and a Liverpool trip to look forward too, meaning our season carries on into the new year.

Cant wait pretty exciting times, and affordable ,well done Latics.... Get behind the boys and keep the faith!

Nothing like an optimist....

I am genuinely optimistic and the comment was a little tongue in cheek.

At the end of the day, the to cup games are at home against opposition from a lower league.

Granted, Southend are obviously a half decent team. But we really should be able to put both sides away.

One thing that does concern me is that teams do seem to be able to suss us out a little tactically at half time. Southend of had 90 minutes to assess us properly. That's a decent time to improve themselves tactically. Hopefully Dickov can outthink Sturrock though.

With Bradford here then Sheff Wendy, followed by Southend and its big cash prize, WOW.

I'd prefer to lose on saturday and have an area final , and a Liverpool trip to look forward too, meaning our season carries on into the new year.

Cant wait pretty exciting times, and affordable ,well done Latics.... Get behind the boys and keep the faith!

I'll settle for 2 cup wins and a point on Saturday - don't want to be greedy!

What worries me though is our squad size. I cant help but think come Southend our players could be :censored:ed

Squad size is not that much of an issue. There's a lot of quality not able to get a game at the moment. It's a nice position to be in, of course we'll pick knocks up and suspensions during this time but we have players to come in. Simpson is unavailable after Saturday but that will give Morais a chance to get his arse in gear. Mellor and Winchester have been out of the frame but may well be more involved. Parker and Reid are to get a run out this week in the stiffs, so we have plenty of cover to mix it up. Diallo shouldn't be too far away, then there's young Tarky chomping at the bit too. Furball will be a loss tonight, but hopefully Tom can repeat his MK Dons performance. Tiredness shouldn't be a real issue yet imo. Last season it was after we went from doing nothing for six weeks to playing two games a week pretty much through to the end of the season. We hit a wall in February and couldn't get over it….

Personally I don't even want to think about next week, that's an unexpected massive bonus - tonight is the big one, followed by a chance to make up ground on the top 6 against one of the division's big boys*. Then there's a play off worth several hundred thousand pounds to the winner…but let's take it one game at a time, it seemed to work with the four home games on the trot in November.

*Although i'm tempted to play the youth team against the Wendies!

If we want success, its not a big ask. If we want to be normal boring latics, it's a big ask.