Marketing Idea

Maybe as i work in marketing my brain has been ticking over a bit on this

We will have 5-6000 at anfield in Jan, so why not take questionaires to all the offical coaches going asking all this 'day trippers' why they dont come more often or even when the tickets go on sale hand them to every person buying a ticket and say anyone who completes these and buys a ticket for exeter at home (21st jan) gets £2 of the price the ticket price?

Maybe could help bump the crowd for the exeter game and pick the brains why fans are not coming back

i.e myself i dont have a st as i dont go midweek games as live in gloucestershire so would lose the saving of a st but i go every weekend home game

Dont see what have to lose would only need plain paper and a bit of ink!

Thoughts please?

Cheers

Deano

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Bring back the Paddock!!

make it safe, throw a porta loo and burger/beer van in there and charge a tenner entrance fee and i'll be there every week, theres one for you :wink: i'll be too drunk to write that on the day/night of the game.

Edited by alex_balls

Maybe as i work in marketing my brain has been ticking over a bit on this

We will have 5-6000 at anfield in Jan, so why not take questionaires to all the offical coaches going asking all this 'day trippers' why they dont come more often or even when the tickets go on sale hand them to every person buying a ticket and say anyone who completes these and buys a ticket for exeter at home (21st jan) gets £2 of the price the ticket price?

Maybe could help bump the crowd for the exeter game and pick the brains why fans are not coming back

i.e myself i dont have a st as i dont go midweek games as live in gloucestershire so would lose the saving of a st but i go every weekend home game

Dont see what have to lose would only need plain paper and a bit of ink!

Thoughts please?

Cheers

Deano

Perhaps the questionnaire could be multi-choice and have a set list of responses like 'smoking ban' 'no burgers' '3 stands' 'horrible toilet facilities' 'poor acoustics'

'can get 10 pints for the price of a ticket'

But on a serious note, it is a very good idea.

Bring back standing terrace and smoking areas ,

Football at the lower end of the scale has been hit hardest.

There is absolutely no sense in saying that the small Boundary parks of this world should be governed by the same rule as the big premiership grounds.

Why can i go and stand at Accrington or York but not Rochdale or Oldham !!!!!

The football league should be able to adapt their own criteria to grounds and each judged on an individual basis.

Well planned out standing areas are more than viable at our level and will allow some punters to pay a more reasonable price to watch football.

We are in tough times and football is not changing to suit the customers!!!!!!!!

Good idea Deano, and also hand out PlayerShare flyers on the coaches.

Agree with the playshare thing, i was speaking to missus dad who i go with every week and he is an oap and not the best with computers, he didnt have a clue about playershar i told him and he said he will donate, tbh dont think he has yet but was only about 10days ago. If 1 in 100 donated just £10 to playershare with lets say 5,500 going that would be £550 by my maths, which is a great achievment and welcome money to the club

Anyone think worth an e-mail to the club about this? I know sometimes some of the board come on here, maybe should sent Barry Owen a PM

Agree with the playshare thing, i was speaking to missus dad who i go with every week and he is an oap and not the best with computers, he didnt have a clue about playershar i told him and he said he will donate, tbh dont think he has yet but was only about 10days ago. If 1 in 100 donated just £10 to playershare with lets say 5,500 going that would be £550 by my maths, which is a great achievment and welcome money to the club

Anyone think worth an e-mail to the club about this? I know sometimes some of the board come on here, maybe should sent Barry Owen a PM

I handed out flyers to everyone who went to Charlton last Saturday and saw not one thrown on the floor. The problem with Anfield is there'll be so many tourists there (all welcome, but they wouldn't necessarily be inclined to contribute to PlayerShare).

Perhaps the questionnaire could be multi-choice and have a set list of responses like 'smoking ban' 'no burgers' '3 stands' 'horrible toilet facilities' 'poor acoustics'

'can get 10 pints for the price of a ticket'

But on a serious note, it is a very good idea.

You've missed "I can't yell 'Bloody Hell Eardley' anymore" off that list of pre-responses....

Edited by slystallone

I handed out flyers to everyone who went to Charlton last Saturday and saw not one thrown on the floor. The problem with Anfield is there'll be so many tourists there (all welcome, but they wouldn't necessarily be inclined to contribute to PlayerShare).

"Tourists" - I like that! It makes Latics seem to have more in common with ManUre. A 'tourist' who contributes to PlayerShare cannot be classed as a 'stayaway'.

"Tourists" - I like that! It makes Latics seem to have more in common with ManUre. A 'tourist' who contributes to PlayerShare cannot be classed as a 'stayaway'.

I'm a tourist. I mean people who don't normally go, including people who really support* Munure, Citeh, Liverpool, Palliss etc.

*From a range of comfortable household seating options.

I'm a tourist. I mean people who don't normally go, including people who really support* Munure, Citeh, Liverpool, Palliss etc.

*From a range of comfortable household seating options.

Heard an appropriate chant at a match last week aimed at such supporters*:

Does your telly

Does your telly

Does your telly know you're here?

Of course I wouldn't sing it, as i don;t want to discourage any occasional/new support.

P.S. Latics even had Palliss support back in '97 in the Isle of Man.

510875512_f20701bc1c.jpg

Edited by Diego_Sideburns