Hartlepoool (home)

I clearly know nothing about football.

Latics are a poorer side without Taylor than with him.

I know it's disappointing that he hasn't turned in to Gareth Bale, but sometime's life in the :censored: leagues is like that.

i agree - i do not expect world beaters playing for us, that is evidently not going to happen given our standing in world football.

I am just making the point that he is an average player at best and not this key cog in the oldham side - we didn't miss him when he was injured and the game yesterday, as an attacking force, showed he doesn't make us any better.

Put him into the same team as simpson and he can offer us more, but individually on his own he is an average player.

Get past his man and start smacking balls across the opposition box and he would do the team and himself a world of good.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Hindsight is a great thing,” said a disappointed Dickov, who promised to not repeat the exercise of giving his players a Christmas Day break from training. :towork:

Dickov to ring the changes

He said he's given them the day of before a game few times before and the team ain't performed, so he already knew there was a chance of this.

I wonder if he will mention that to any prospective signings ?

Quite alot of clubs bring the players in on christmas day for a small time for some training, or make them do their own fitness work at home.

He said he's given them the day of before a game few times before and the team ain't performed, so he already knew there was a chance of this.

Quite alot of clubs bring the players in on christmas day for a small time for some training, or make them do their own fitness work at home.

As soon as the players were tweeting their Christmas plans instead of the usual training stuff, I started looking at William Hills' to back against a Latics win*. No-one should know more of the characteristics of the squad than the backroom staff but, to my mind, a day off before a match is always oing to leave a team slightly under-prepared and unfocused.

* Having said that, I still only went for the draw. Backing a defeat just wouldn't feel right.

Don't get why Black didnt play.. Mellor was getting tore a new one everytime and needed to be taken off, or more further foward.

Furman and Parker only players to come out of that game with any credit. Parker, out position but was solid at RB, and looked to get forward when he could, even though there was a few wayward crosses from him. Have Kuqi on bench for either Notts or Chesterfield game, give him bit of rest before Anfield.

Black isn't fit after his injury