Poor Officiating

About as bad as I've seen all season. 3 good penalty shouts turned down; two of them were absolutely nailed on. The second one, when Trotters trampled all over Smith shouldn't have even come to that. Smith needs to learn to get his shot away quicker. May have got away with it three divisions below but not now.

But the overall quality of the officials was shocking. Several times they blatently colluded to come up with the wrong decision. Goal kicks when they were corners. Throw-ins the wrong way. Real amateur stuff.

About as bad as I've seen all season. 3 good penalty shouts turned down; two of them were absolutely nailed on. The second one, when Trotters trampled all over Smith shouldn't have even come to that. Smith needs to learn to get his shot away quicker. May have got away with it three divisions below but not now.

But the overall quality of the officials was shocking. Several times they blatently colluded to come up with the wrong decision. Goal kicks when they were corners. Throw-ins the wrong way. Real amateur stuff.

Absolutely rotten.

How he missed that one first half where simpson was pushed when jumping to make a header is nothing short of a disgrace!

These idiots need sacking for missing stuff like that, it was right in front of him!

Was listening to Stitch on radio manc and he said Smith was denied a definite pen in the 2nd half when he was brought down when through on goal, but said the same as you... The shot should have been in the back of the net before the challenge was made!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Was listening to Stitch on radio manc and he said Smith was denied a definate pen in the 2nd half when he was brought down when through on goal, but said the same as you... The shot should have been in the back of the net before the challenge was made!

Great minds think alike. :blush:

The linesman was stood a number of times with his flag down when the ball was out of play not even knowing which way he was going to give it till about 10 seconds later. Too poor for me, if that was in the premier league it would be all over the papers

Sadly it's something I have become accustom too the poor standard of officaiting over the past few years. At one time it was just we had to put up with being unfashionable Oldham without an intimidating crowd not getting decisions. Now it's both!

Sadly it's something I have become accustom too the poor standard of officaiting over the past few years. At one time it was just we had to put up with being unfashionable Oldham without an intimidating crowd not getting decisions. Now it's both!

Yet the FA still wonder why referee's get so much abuse. There's no point in having the Respect the Referee's or whatever campaign when the quality of reffing is so poor, especially below the premiership. But there not to bothered about the lower leagues anyway!

To be fair it's the first time i have seen all 3 officials on the same wavelength,

One of total cluelessness !!!!!!!!

All 3 were pathetic and the only saving grace was you couldn't really say they were biased because they contrived between them to make some serious cock ups for both sides.

Although 2 clear penalties for us could have given us a lead they could easily have won it for there shout near the end.

Me Deadman was perhaps appropriate to sum up his performance but i hope we don't get him for the cup games .

I didn't go, and I was just about to make a remark about referees having a tough job and players trying to con them making it difficult etc.

Then I realised the ref was Darren Deadman. One of the worst I've ever seen previously. A complete :censored:wit.

I think what made this performance worse was the fact that he had 2 linesmen that were as clueless as him.

But well done to the FA for finding the 3 worst officials on the books and actually putting them together on the same pitch.

At least they are all on the same level.

The linesman was stood a number of times with his flag down when the ball was out of play not even knowing which way he was going to give it till about 10 seconds later. Too poor for me, if that was in the premier league it would be all over the papers

Wait until Friday when, if in doubt, the decision(s) will be given in favour of the club which pays the officials' wages.