Neil trotman

Its going to be very interesting the next installment of Trotters v Simpson cos he definitely feels he owes him one !!!!!!

In Simpson's radio interview, reference was made to his argy-bargy with Trotman and he said:

“He caught me with about five before that, and then I’ve caught him with one and managed to cut him.”

BBC Radio Manc

In the GMR interview Simpson says when/if he signs permanently it will only be until the end of this season......What do we make of that?

Seems fair enough. The main thing is that we secure his services till the end of the season.

However, I would expect that we're just not yet in a position to offer longer contracts to players and, as such, we have to see who wants to stay on a season by season basis. I'm sure that a number of players make this judgement on who else wants to give it another year based on the likely targets for the season. If the likes of Furman, Wesolowski, Lee & Kuqi resign then I'm sure Simpson would be tempted on the basis that we'd be targeting the play-offs. If they decideto go, then he'll probably not fancy a struggle.

In addition, if he is able to maintain the form from his loan period (especially in the latter stages) he would rightly feel that he should be plying his trade in the Championship and I wouldn't begrudge him.

In the rarely-read Chesterfield Post, Tommy Wright gave the post-match interview. He mentioned Jack Lester’s suspension, after being caught on camera elbowing an opponent, and was then asked:

And talking of elbows in the face, Neal Trotman seemed furious when he came off the field with a bloody nose - was there any situation there?

"I never saw it to tell you the truth, I can't comment on it but, these things happen in football."

But why Mr Angry in the previous 2 encounters?

I think it goes hand-in-hand with his slide down the football ladder, as fitness & injury have taken there toll.

In both his stints with us, he struck me as being too laid back & passive………….and now it’s the exact opposite; as you say its suddenly Mr Angry.

It's good having an opposition player with a personality like that though - as he showed at the 'Dale game, if you (players & fans) get into him; he can lose it pretty easily.

For the JPT games, I'd be sending Simpson & Taylor (& Morais too if he's involved) out with the express instructions to get under his skin & wait for the snap…….he's a red card walking at the moment with his attitide & we should look to exploit IMO.

I think it goes hand-in-hand with his slide down the football ladder, as fitness & injury have taken there toll.

In both his stints with us, he struck me as being too laid back & passive………….and now it’s the exact opposite; as you say its suddenly Mr Angry.

It's good having an opposition player with a personality like that though - as he showed at the 'Dale game, if you (players & fans) get into him; he can lose it pretty easily.

For the JPT games, I'd be sending Simpson & Taylor (& Morais too if he's involved) out with the express instructions to get under his skin & wait for the snap…….he's a red card walking at the moment with his attitide & we should look to exploit IMO.

Agree, he seems a bit frustrated at the way things have turned out for him.

Never really struck me as being a particularly nasty player, but don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box which means he's easily wound up by the likes of Taylor and, it would seem from yesterday, Simpson.

Actually feel a bit sorry for him.

In the GMR interview Simpson says when/if he signs permanently it will only be until the end of this season......What do we make of that?

I would guess at the moment because the club don't know what wage budget they will be able to offer Dickov for 2012/2013.

at the moment its 4859, and we have still to play Preston and Carlisle at home, both of whom will bring an away following of at least 500, would imagine preston will be well over 1000

Probably wants to put himself in the window with us to try and attract a bigger club in the summer.

Can't blame him if he does.