Still all to play for

I think we missed opportunity to put this tie to bed last night but it's still all to play for.

On another night an optimist would say we could of won 3 or 4-1 whereas the pessimists would say they had 2 guilt edge chances first half.

At 1-1 we looked like the only team to go on and win it but they broke away and won a pen, 1-1 would of looked a great result on reflection although being 2-1 could have it's advantage:

I mean if it was 1-1 then our approach might of been a nervy one at BP with trying to get the winner without committing too much whereas now we have to come out and get a goal so our approach will be

more of a positive one whereas there's will be sit back and try hit us on the break. That's where my worries lie though, we seem vunerable against the break and they looked dangerous, so as much as we need to attack I just hope

we don't over commit to get the first goal, chances will come if we're patient and don't get on the teams back if we don't score early doors.

Even though we'll get chances we could do with some more firepower up top where we seem to lack lately, someone with a bit of pace who can get behind their back line with diagonal runs. Still can't work out why we kept lumping it over the top to

Kuqi who let's face is isn't lighting (yes that's where the penalty came from but it was more a case of bad defending), we looked a far better team in the second half when we got the ball down and went at them with quick slick passing. Morais for me

should start cos he offers that bit of trickery (although frustrating at times) and his delivery is far better than anything else we got.

Simpson is our match winner and he scared them every time he got on the ball and ran at them, if PD plays him abit more of the front 2 then we'll see more goals.

The first goal at BP is a massive one obviously and I just hope all the fans get down and get behind the lads with 'patience', we don't need to score early doors aslong as we don't succeed, their seems to be alot of doom and gloom around the place

thinking we ain't going to pull it off (which we still might not do) but if someone had said to me at start of season with all the top teams left in the competition, "You will be playing at BP with a goal down against a side bottom of the league for a chance to

reach wembley" then I'm sure we'd all of snapped their hands off.

KTF

I agree the first goal is vital ...& no doubt Chesterfield will think the same & have it drilled into them that they can get revenge for the pasting earlier in the season.

If they do score first ....quite a frequent occurrence at our place these days , I do worry that heads will drop .

Let's hope this is all over pessimistic .

It will be the biggest letdown at the club for many many a year if we make a dog's dinner of this opportunity.

Yes you are right and let's hope we get that bit of luck that we didn't get at the vital times last night.

And yeah I doubt we'll ever get a better chance of getting to wembley, I'd be alot more worried if we were playing the likes of Sheff Utd with a deficit.

KTF

if we can not beat- chesterfield, on are own pitch....... quite honestly, we do not deserve to go to wembley! simple as!!!!!!!! there season, is shocking...

Amazingly in the last 4 months Chesterfield have managed just 4 wins -

ALL in the JPT .

Just got a horrible feeling after last night that their name may be on the cup ???

ALL in the JPT .

Just got a horrible feeling after last night that their name may be on the cup ???

My mate turned round after Kuqi missed the pen and said exactly the same thing.

ANd yes I know Chesterfield are no world beaters but we ain't exactly been world beaters either, I think our good cup runs have just papered over the cracks at times, here's hoping I'm wrong!!

if we can not beat- chesterfield, on are own pitch....... quite honestly, we do not deserve to go to wembley! simple as!!!!!!!! there season, is shocking...

We're 17th though, yes we are better than them based on league form, but all conquering? Never....

Footballs been a bit more exciting this season, but we're still very inconsistent and this is not the league. There are cup upset every year, but to be frank, do you think many people will actually consider it to be an upset, if we lose to them?

We're 17th though, yes we are better than them based on league form, but all conquering? Never....

Footballs been a bit more exciting this season, but we're still very inconsistent and this is not the league. There are cup upset every year, but to be frank, do you think many people will actually consider it to be an upset, if we lose to them?

For what it's worth guys I think you look quite a good team going forward and against other teams we've played you look to be up with the best.

ALL in the JPT .

When both Chesterfield and Oldham made the area finals i said that it is Sheridans destiny to beat Oldham and get to Wembley. The second leg will be excellent and the team that makes less mistakes in defence is the team that will go to Wembley. We have been poor at the back all season but Sheridan has bought in players this last week or so and,with Trotman part of the rebuilding,have a brand new back four and a brand new centre midfield partnership. For some reason we have saved our best performances for this cup,which pisses me off because i would rather have gained say,9 more points than a trip to Wembley. I expected more from Kuqi to be honest and was worried our defence would struggle but he offered little. Is he going through a bad patch? 5700 odd at the net last night,with you bringing 1200 which is a very good turn out for an away game at night. How many do you expect at BP? I reckon we will take between 1000 and 1200.

Edited by mattthepriseite

I would say 5000 at BP if you guys bring a 1000. I might even be optimistic with 5k seen as its on sky. The oldham public don't need a big excuse not to go, with itbeing on sky that should seal a place in the pub for most.

Edited by welshgaz

The oldham public don't need a big excuse not to go, with itbeing on sky that should seal a place in the pub for most.

From the Chesterfield Fans' Forum:

If I can get to Oldham on a Monday night from DORSET- a mere 482 mile round trip (when I could watch it at a mate's 5 mile away on Sky!), then I'd hope anyone without a very good excuse can...