Beeb's Exeter "Highlights"

2 of the worst headers ever

Smith has wasted a good few heading chances this season, he could well have had 6/7 goals.

He seems to head the ball in a straight line i.e doesn't turn his neck to direct the ball. The way he's facing when he meets the ball is the way the ball will go. Technique that can be improved?

Smith has wasted a good few heading chances this season, he could well have had 6/7 goals.

He seems to head the ball in a straight line i.e doesn't turn his neck to direct the ball. The way he's facing when he meets the ball is the way the ball will go. Technique that can be improved?

Hopefully he asked Roger Palmer for a few tips on scoring !

My thoughts exactly - I know it is difficult for him to come on late in the game but the header on Saturday was poor technique - a clear header and he makes no attempt to direct the ball towards the goal - simply heads it the way he is facing - he could have and should have won it for us.