Congrats JS

From the 5-2 game in the league at BP to a point and two cup wins against us all in the space of less than 2 and a half months. Our record in 2012 reads DLLLDL.

Has Shez really turned them round and shown what a good manager he must be? Or have we just fallen apart?

Probably neither.

But the next 20 games should show the qualities or otherwise of Dickov as a manager as he tries to reinvigorate us, get us scoring and picking up positive results. I hope he can get us feeling positive for 2012/13.

As for Shez, well done, good luck, legend.

Sheridan has made some decent signings for us recently which has made us more solid. Our defence and midfield were very poor until new players came in January. We still need a striker though in my opinion if we are to stay up as we just dont have enough goals in the team.

As for your team i think a quality striker is all that you need to kick on as you had loads of shots tonight without really causing any problems. Only one day to go though and its not looking good on the striker front for either team. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Whatever Matt we battered you over two legs. You would think the better team would go through over two legs. Footballs a funny game.

yeah your right,we where the better team over the 2 legs....but if you dont hit the back of the net

with over 40+ chances.....you dont win games

Whatever Matt we battered you over two legs. You would think the better team would go through over two legs. Footballs a funny game.

How can you batter someone over 2 legs and still lose 3-1?

We were the authors of our own downfall. Hats off to Chesterfield and Shez for a job done.

It is mate. You seem to be having the bad luck that we were having up until Xmas,and now we seem to be having all the luck. And like us Town fans have seen this season,when luck goes against you players start losing confidence in their ability and start making mistakes. Its very difficult when you cant buy a win for love nor money.

How can you batter someone over 2 legs and still lose 3-1?

We were the authors of our own downfall. Hats off to Chesterfield and Shez for a job done.

Well it's all about converting chances. I don't think even the most hardened chesterfield fan would disagree that we controlled both games. I don't disagree we are our own worst enemies.

I'd agree totally with that statement and I couldn't believe some of the negative stuff leading up to the game by some posters.

You were unlucky over both legs and we were lucky but we deserved it. We had some horrible luck with injuries first half of the season so maybe things are looking up. It's terrible to lose guys with such a prize beconing but someone has to win and I'm thankfull that we've made it.

Thanks for tolerating me over the weeks - best of luck from now on. Dave.

Enjoy your day out WF.

If any of you Chesterfield fans end up staying at Travelodge Wembley there's a nice little bar called Hunters Bar a couple of min away on.Hanger Lane and there's an top little Indian over the road. I'm more gutted that I'm missing out on the opportunity to eat there again.

Edited by Yard Dog

You have to give credit where it is due to Chesterfield. They came here with a game plan and with a job to do. Not only did they do it, but they battled hard in the process and deserve a hell of a lot of credit for that. don't get me wrong its very easy to see why a lot of people thought Chesterfield were there for the taking. But I am sure many Chesterfield fans also seen both legs as very winnable games.

People can bleat on all they want about how many shots Oldham had compared to Chesterfield over the two legs but at the end of the day, possession and shots don't win you games, goal do, and they scored two more than we did over the two legs.

I genuinely wish them well in the final, and in the likely event they end up playing Swindon, I hope they well and truly put Paolo di f*****g Canio in his place.

You have to give credit where it is due to Chesterfield. They came here with a game plan and with a job to do. Not only did they do it, but they battled hard in the process and deserve a hell of a lot of credit for that. don't get me wrong its very easy to see why a lot of people thought Chesterfield were there for the taking. But I am sure many Chesterfield fans also seen both legs as very winnable games.

People can bleat on all they want about how many shots Oldham had compared to Chesterfield over the two legs but at the end of the day, possession and shots don't win you games, goal do, and they scored two more than we did over the two legs.

I genuinely wish them well in the final, and in the likely event they end up playing Swindon, I hope they well and truly put Paolo di f*****g Canio in his place.

+1, if we were to go out to any team, i hope shez goes on and wins it.