Thought he was one of the best referees we've had for many years. Let the game flow whenever was possible and didn't give free kicks for silly little niggles. A lot of the tackles that went in today would have been given as free kicks by anyone else. And he gave us a pen! Won't be disappointed if I see him at bp again!

Thought he was one of the best referees we've had for many years. Let the game flow whenever was possible and didn't give free kicks for silly little niggles. A lot of the tackles that went in today would have been given as free kicks by anyone else. And he gave us a pen! Won't be disappointed if I see him at bp again!

Fair do's, I thought the ref had an excellent game and plaudits to the linesman (Main Stand), probably the best all season. Makes a pleasant change.

Taylor (unusually) absolutely launched himself into one challenge and the ref didn't even give a free kick. I've seen red cards for less.

It's a good job their lad didn't make a song and dance about it (like Taylor would've done had it been the other way around) or it could've spelled trouble...

It's a good job their lad didn't make a song and dance about it (like Taylor would've done had it been the other way around) or it could've spelled trouble...

He jumped in studs first - was lucky to escape without at least a booking.

It helped that he won the ball and didn't make much contact with the man - if he'd taken the man first he'd have been sent off.

Great game from the ref yesterday - what a pleasant change from the usual 'look at me; ive a whistle and am going to blow it every 30 seconds" brigade.

As for the Taylor challenge, it was just slightly to my left but i had a perfect view. Top challenge. Won the ball, got none of the man (as he :censored: out) and was rightly able to get up and launch a counter attack. Nothing to see there