Realistic expectations

"I'd be happy with staying up, not going bust and starting to re-develop Boundary Park at the end of this season - anything else, e.g. a cup run, would be a massive bonus & to be honest a bit of a shock"

Post from August after we lost the first 3 games - I'm not saying that we are safe yet and I still worry about the finances but if we get some news on the ground it could be a full house for me

"I'd be happy with staying up, not going bust and starting to re-develop Boundary Park at the end of this season - anything else, e.g. a cup run, would be a massive bonus & to be honest a bit of a shock"

Post from August after we lost the first 3 games - I'm not saying that we are safe yet and I still worry about the finances but if we get some news on the ground it could be a full house for me

Let's hope you get your wish, any positive news on stadium redevelopment would be a major boost.

We are over acheiving still

How many teams have a smaller budget than us?

Actually scrap that lets stick to the positives, one hell of a win very very happy with that

As said on Saturday the quicker we get safe the better as we can plan budget for next season which means we can identify our targets before other teams who are in the scrap, as it happens think will be 4 out of the bottom 5 now who go

Im sticking my neck out but with the game in hand and better goal difference almost worth an extra pt we are safe :grin:

Actually scrap that lets stick to the positives, one hell of a win very very happy with that

As said on Saturday the quicker we get safe the better as we can plan budget for next season which means we can identify our targets before other teams who are in the scrap, as it happens think will be 4 out of the bottom 5 now who go

Im sticking my neck out but with the game in hand and better goal difference almost worth an extra pt we are safe :grin:

I think so now, but let's finish the season on a high with some favourable results to try and galvanise support for the next campaign.

Be nice to put this season to bed before we have to go away to Wednesday and Wycombe and have Charlton at home. Another 5pts should do it this year.

Do u really think 50 points will do it? Walsall and Wycombe are really making a fist of it. Wycombe also have 2 strikers bang in form.

Be thankful you're a Gooner first and foremost.. You might be a little more pissed off if you'd endured 16 years in this division fella

We're 3 points off 10th... We are capable of achieving top half at least.

Massive shame about injuries and so on, we could have got at least 9 or 10 points out of the last 4 games at full strength IMHO, which would have put us right in contention for play-offs. :mad:

Do u really think 50 points will do it? Walsall and Wycombe are really making a fist of it. Wycombe also have 2 strikers bang in form.

Wycombe are just a really streaky team. One minute they'll bag a load then they'll get battered. Plus they've got 6 of the top 8 left to play. I can't see them getting 11 points out of 24 from that lot...although we would probably need to go there and not lose.

Rochdale, Exeter and Chesterfield are close to goners now. There's your 4 I suspect. I wouldn't fancy Walsall having to get points from their last 2 games either...Huddersfield at home and MK away. 50pts should be enough this time around but obviously a couple more and it's nailed on safety.

Be thankful you're a Gooner first and foremost.. You might be a little more pissed off if you'd endured 16 years in this division fella

Haha its not all happy days supporting us, im only joking i think a lot of prem fans dont realise how lucky they have it, i do love the football league game better than the prem, just feels you are more valuable as a fan not just a number amogst 60,000 at the Emirates or a database of 168,000 members that the club currently has

Its sad how different it is but thats money killing the game

Im really hoping i get as lucky as this season as most arsenal and latics home games have been on alternative weeks, not good for the bank balance but great for me getting to so many games, between the two clubs I have clocked up 29 games this season 17 Latics and 12 Arsenal and thats without the Chelsea games I occasionally go to with old man (4) this year, although i am actually a cockney and now live in Gloucestershire, the joy of meeting a girl abroad from Oldham hey B)

Throw in that im still considering traveling to the Euro's for the knockout round very fortunate oh and I have given money to playershare and pledged to give more dependant on how Kuqi scores come end of the season, i am a very lucky lad

Haha its not all happy days supporting us, im only joking i think a lot of prem fans dont realise how lucky they have it, i do love the football league game better than the prem, just feels you are more valuable as a fan not just a number amogst 60,000 at the Emirates or a database of 168,000 members that the club currently has

Its sad how different it is but thats money killing the game

Im really hoping i get as lucky as this season

as most arsenal and latics home games have been on alternative weeks, not good for the bank balance but great for me getting to so many games, between the two clubs I have clocked up 29 games this season 17 and 12 Arsenal and thats without the Chelsea games I occasionally go to with old man (4) this year, although i am actually a cockney and now live in Gloucestershire, the joy of meeting a girl abroad from Oldham hey B)

Throw in that im still considering traveling to the Euro's for the knockout round very fortunate oh and I have given money to playershare and pledged to give more dependant on how Kuqi scores come end of the season, i am a very lucky lad

Fair play to you lad! Must earn a few dollars!