Brentford v Oldham

Tuesday night in London another :censored:e performance, Id say that the pissed off tics fans had every right to mouth off at PD

No, I'm not allowed to criticise our Special One after I've made a 12 hour round trip, spent £50 to get there and returning home at 2AM.

Like I said to Dickov, if it was a one off I could maybe accept it, but I've seen us :censored:e at Stevenage, Dale, Notts, Orient (h), Iron (h), Yeovil and Col U in recent weeks. I'm :censored:ed off with his excuses (normally blaming the referee).

Player for player, we are just as good as Brentford. The difference was their manager had his side organised and every player knew their job. Ours looked like they didnt even know each other. But for Bouzanis, it could have been a rout.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to both the Orient and Brentford games and Adeyemi has not been mentioned once. His loan runs out next week, send him back and give Chimmychammychanga another go. Get KMB back in and let's go for the jugular, no more tippy tappy :censored:e, get the crosses in play the percentages and load both boxes…..

I've been banging the 'Tom Adeyemi is a poor player' drum right from the start. I take no satisfaction from saying that - I'm not after a ner ner ne ner ner I told you so momemt; Just I saw right from the off really what now most are seeing. Being able to run about and 'cover the ground' does not make a footballer; especially one who plays right in the engine room; where it matters.

I was actually pretty disappointed when we extended the loan after Christmas; and then extended it again to cover this period we're in / just coming out of now. If we've been paying either all of or a contribution to his Norwich wage then disappointment will turn to anger.

The lad is just not good enough, end of for me. I watch our players for 5 / 10 min patches in games; as well as obviously keeping up with the game as a whole too - but it's just something I like to do (it brings out the frustrated football scout in me). I've actually watched Tom closely on the pitch throughout this loan, and he can & has done gone the full 10mins without touching the ball. Unbelievable from a central midfielder. The last time I did it was Scunthorpe. Now I would cut some slack if Tom was up against Xavi & Iniesta, but he was playing against Josh Walker & Damien Mozika....and he didn't break up a move, make a tackle or touch the ball for a fulll 10min section of the game I was watching him. It's just not acceptable IMO for that to happen.

One of PD's biggest mistakes this season; one that has cost us dear - is his persiverience in playing Tom Adeyemi in the CM position for us. Whilst Wes & Furman have been out for prolonged periods; PD should have looked to recruit a seasoned CM player to fill what was an obvious gap. Instead he continued to extend & extend Tom's loan, playing him game after game....and then brough in Reece Brown to play CM too - FFS! *

It's been obvious for months we've been losing the midfield battle every game. Tom Adeyemi has been very much a reason for that; all season long.

.* Reece was poor in the midfielder, shocking at left back but has been very impressive at CB. Unlike Tom, I see a player in there - but a Centre Back player; not a midfielder.

Edited by slystallone

I've been banging the 'Tom Adeyemi is a poor player' drum right from the start. I take no satisfaction from saying that - I'm not after a ner ner ne ner ner I told you so momemt; Just I saw right from the off really what now most are seeing. Being able to run about and 'cover the ground' does not make a footballer; especially one who plays right in the engine room; where it matters.

I was actually pretty disappointed when we extended the loan after Christmas; and then extended it again to cover this period we're in / just coming out of now. If we've been paying either all of or a contribution to his Norwich wage then disappointment will turn to anger.

The lad is good enough, end of for me. I watch our players for 5 / 10 min patches in games; as well as obviously keeping up with the game as a whole too - but it's just something I like to do (it brings out the frustrated football scout in me). I've actually watched Tom closely on the pitch throughout this loan, and he can & has done gone the full 10mins without touching the ball. Unbelievable from a central midfielder. The last time I did it was Scunthorpe. Now I would cut some slack if Tom was up against Xavi & Iniesta, but he was playing against Josh Walker & Damien Mozika....and he didn't break up a move, make a tackle or touch the ball for a fulll 10min section of the game I was watching him. It's just not acceptable IMO for that to happen.

One of PD's biggest mistakes this season; one that has cost us dear - is his persiverience in playing Tom Adeyemi in the CM position for us. Whilst Wes & Furman have been out for prolonged periods; PD should have looked to recruit a seasoned CM player to fill what was an obvious gap. Instead he continued to extend & extend Tom's loan, playing him game after game....and then brough in Reece Brown to play CM too - FFS! *

It's been obvious for months we've been losing the midfield battle every game. Tom Adeyemi has been very much a reason for that; all season long.

.* Reece was poor in the midfielder, shocking at left back but has been very impressive at CB. Unlike Tom, I see a player in there - but a Centre Back player; not a midfielder.

Tom Annonymous was his usual self last night. Just like at Notts, it took till about the 70th minute for me to realise he was actually playing.

We could have played for a week and we wouldn't have scored.

Dickov is a deluded man. He says we played the better football - that is purely for the many fans who couldn't get to the game. We were absolutely woeful in the first half. The last action of the first 45 minutes summed us up: a throw-in to one of our players in yards of space, touched it back to the throw-in taker (can't recall who was involved) and it went straight out for a Brentford throw-in.

Our biggest problem is our midfield. Furman, who in the first half looked as though he had Dave Penney's instructions to follow, was carrying Adeyemi - it took me half a hour to realise Tom was playing.

How many times were we in their final third, building a little pressure, only for Brentford to clear and somehow forge an attack because we can't win a second ball? At least a dozen.

Kuqi was nowhere to be seen, it took Furman a hour to get into the game, Adeyemi didn't turn up, Simpson looked too eager to hit the ball to the flanks, and Taylor was the only lad trying to get on the end of some impressive Morais crosses.

It was as bad as I've seen for months. Dickov thinks we ought to be in the top half - well if he thinks that he can go today. We're lucky we picked up points in October/November because we genuinely deserve to be in the bottom four. Last night's side lacked Wesolowski - that's it. We were out-classed, out-fought and were battered for long periods of the match.

For Dickov to come out and say otherwise is a complete fabrication. He's plucking at straws, and at the moment he doesn't know what to do. I'm worried.

Edited by UpTheLatics

Dickov is a deluded man. He says we played the better football - that is purely for the many fans who couldn't get to the game. We were absolutely woeful in the first half. The last action of the first 45 minutes summed us up: a throw-in to one of our players in yards of space, touched it back to the throw-in taker (can't recall who was involved) and it went straight out for a Brentford throw-in.

Our biggest problem is our midfield. Furman, who in the first half looked as though he had Dave Penney's instructions to follow, was carrying Adeyemi - it took me half a hour to realise Tom was playing.

How many times were we in their final third, building a little pressure, only for Brentford to clear and somehow forge an attack because we can't win a second ball? At least a dozen.

Kuqi was nowhere to be seen, it took Furman a hour to get into the game, Adeyemi didn't turn up, Simpson looked too eager to hit the ball to the flanks, and Taylor was the only lad trying to get on the end of some impressive Morais crosses.

It was as bad as I've seen for months. Dickov thinks we ought to be in the top half - well if he thinks that he can go today. We're lucky we picked up points in October/November because we genuinely deserve to be in the bottom four. Last night's side lacked Wesolowski - that's it. We were out-classed, out-fought and were battered for long periods of the match.

For Dickov to come out and say otherwise is a complete fabrication. He's plucking at straws, and at the moment he doesn't know what to do. I'm worried.

I think we all are.......

Tom Annonymous was his usual self last night. Just like at Notts, it took till about the 70th minute for me to realise he was actually playing.

He just seems to run around.

He doesn't tackle.

He doesn't put his foot on the ball and pass it.

He doesn't shoot.

To be a decent midfielder you need to be very good at one of the three above.

To be a good midfielder you need to be very good at two of the three above.

To be an excellent midfielder you need to be very good at all of the above.

Did Bouzanis have a good game?

Credit to you for going down.

Hope your mates mum enjoyed it.

for the remaining games i would put tom at rb and lee in cm with furman,i know it's chopping and changing again but i honestly feel lee would do a better job,he has been brought up as a pass and move attacking player,he reads the game well and can pick a pass if the players make the runs he will give them the ball and i do think tom did a good job at rb at anfield

I think most of us realise TA is out of his depth at this level.

THE MAIN issue is why does the manager not see the blindingly onbvious????

Another example of inept management im afraid.

Edited by rigsby

Both evening papers make Bouzanis the match winner & appear to say but for him we would have lost by more.

He scored a 9 in one paper , others got as low as a 4.

It sounds like we were whupped , not unlucky to me.

Where has Marsh - Brown gone , he was very lively in the time he got in the last home game , then out of the squad ....bizarre to say the least.

Category A for Charlton , unbelievable.

The 'new' fans have just paid £15 for 5 games & been treated to a dismal set of performances , They will be queueing round the block to pay Cat A prices on Easter Saturday.

Both evening papers make Bouzanis the match winner & appear to say but for him we would have lost by more.

He scored a 9 in one paper , others got as low as a 4.

It sounds like we were whupped , not unlucky to me.

Where has Marsh - Brown gone , he was very lively in the time he got in the last home game , then out of the squad ....bizarre to say the least.

Category A for Charlton , unbelievable.

The 'new' fans have just paid £15 for 5 games & been treated to a dismal set of performances , They will be queueing round the block to pay Cat A prices on Easter Saturday.

We were soundly beaten.

He didnt tell me to "piss off". He told me they were doing their best, to which I said if that's there best then they are not good enough. As I told him, tonight was disgraceful, Saturday was abysmal, last Tuesday against Orient was wank and you can add recent games against Scunthorpe, Dale, Stevenage and Yeovil. It's not good enough. I've had a twelve hour round trip and spent far too much money on that sack of :censored: tonight. We have been just as bad the last few months as we were under all of Penney/Moore/Talbot's reign.

Lee - everyone's entitled to their opinion. I just don't agree with yours.

I was stood a few yards from you last night and a lot of the game you were effing and jeffing at the team and Dickov.

I paid my money and travelled a long way like you, and was very disappointed with the performance, but some of what the team need at the moment is encouragement.

I was also stood close to you at the end, bottom right hand corner, when dickov came over. what he responded to you was that they're trying to do and play the right way.

I'm glad most other fans around us then said you were in a minority and shook his hand.

I'm as disillusioned and frustrated as anyone else.

keep the faith, it can't get much worse.

Lee - everyone's entitled to their opinion. I just don't agree with yours.

I was stood a few yards from you last night and a lot of the game you were effing and jeffing at the team and Dickov.

I paid my money and travelled a long way like you, and was very disappointed with the performance, but some of what the team need at the moment is encouragement.

I was also stood close to you at the end, bottom right hand corner, when dickov came over. what he responded to you was that they're trying to do and play the right way.

I'm glad most other fans around us then said you were in a minority and shook his hand.

I'm as disillusioned and frustrated as anyone else.

keep the faith, it can't get much worse.

Excellent, and I don't agree with yours.

Like I said both on here and to PD, I could have accepted it if it was a one off, but it's been consistently :censored: for months. I'm fed up of not looking like we are gonna score, I'm fed up with players saying they have answered critics after a DEFEAT!!! And I'm fed up of our manager blaming the officials after every game when, in reality, his side just have not been good enough again.

Edited by Lee Sinnott

Years and years of the same division is bound to bring out reactions like sinnotts. Doesn't make it right, some people can't keep their frustrations in.

He's a fan, paid his money and is entitled to his opinion, like us all.

It would be like Latics to beat one of Charlton or Wednesday, don't put more than a couple of quid on it though.

Like I said both on here and to PD, I could have accepted it if it was a one off, but it's been consistently :censored: for months. I'm fed up of not looking like we are gonna score, I'm fed up with players saying they have answered critics after a DEFEAT!!! And I'm fed up of our manager blaming the officials after every game when, in reality, his side just have not been good enough again.

last night I thought you were an f.wit, now i don't. I can see you care about your team, and where it is.

Spot on. Morais only marginal positive from last night. (OK maybe Lee at a push)

spot on lee

If it made me so 'fed up' I'd stop going.

Paying for something that you clearly don't enjoy......Either that or you do enjoy it really, but the negative attention is so goooood!!

Spot on.

I support encouragement fully and always travel to matches optimistic, but Tuesday's performance was woeful. I can't see a positive to save my life. The first half was as bad as I've seen since Colchester. The football was aimless; there's neat, passing football, there's a direct style with effective players playing an effective game, and there's the aimless stuff that we continually play - we played like this in the final months of Sheridan.

Ten minutes after the restart and we played a few minutes of lovely stuff - how does this happen? The application, attitude and tactics were non-existent. We had weak players not up for a scrap, we had experienced players looking as though they haven't played football for years, and we had a manager who looked clueless. He doesn't get involved on the touchline apart from blaming such cruel, cruel luck that is all against poor Oldham Athletic and then he has the nerve to say we played the better football during his post-match comments.

The players and manager need a real blasting and Lee delivered it to Dickov's face. We've lost 7 out of 9 against teams no bigger than us and it's not acceptable. Good on you lad.

Spot on.

I support encouragement fully and always travel to matches optimistic, but Tuesday's performance was woeful. I can't see a positive to save my life. The first half was as bad as I've seen since Colchester. The football was aimless; there's neat, passing football, there's a direct style with effective players playing an effective game, and there's the aimless stuff that we continually play - we played like this in the final months of Sheridan.

Ten minutes after the restart and we played a few minutes of lovely stuff - how does this happen? The application, attitude and tactics were non-existent. We had weak players not up for a scrap, we had experienced players looking as though they haven't played football for years, and we had a manager who looked clueless. He doesn't get involved on the touchline apart from blaming such cruel, cruel luck that is all against poor Oldham Athletic and then he has the nerve to say we played the better football during his post-match comments.

The players and manager need a real blasting and Lee delivered it to Dickov's face. We've lost 7 out of 9 against teams no bigger than us and it's not acceptable. Good on you lad.

This is my biggest problem with Dickov.

Very rare do i see him directing tactics or instructions or even bollockings to players during a game but as soon as a decision goes against us he is in the 4th officials face. Large parts of the games must bypass him whilst he is having words with the reff assistant and for what, nothing ever changes, they cant reverse a decision.

Have a moan about them afterwards but during the game he should do his job and sort out whats going on on the pitch