fao Barry, fans forum with PD

Dickov wanted the forum, as he wanted to speak to fans during 'testing times' as well as when things are going well. The order came from the top that the forum be cancelled. I think executives wanted to avoid awkward questions from the fans, heard this on Saturday from the organiser.

Edited by oafcprozac

The Prem give money to the Football League to provide funding hence why the EPP was voted in, because they threatened to cancel the money. This would have cost the FL about £5 million, youth teams are voluntary and some clubs have already closed theirs. Oldham released players who were due pro contracts, if the team had been closed lads with youth contracts would also have been sent away.

I think maybe the powers that be were worried some fans may ask Dickov about his future, poor performances/results and they wanted to aviod a potentially heated forum. Personally I think some who have turned agaisnst him, may have been turned back if he had a real chance to defend himself. As it is he only gets the media interactions and I get the feeling he doesn't trust journalists, not many managers do, hell not many people do.

Guest Scratch2000uk

I'm guessing the arkward question for those at the top would be, ...................Will we be getting more of the same :censored:e next season. with a lower budget, and the worst half of the current squad ?. Answer would be yes, but we are not saying untill all the season tickets have been sold.

Edited by Scratch2000uk