Tarkowski named Latics young player of the year

James Tarkowski has been named the Latics players' young player of the year.

The 19-year-old central defender (pictured), who has established himself as a key member of the first-team squad, topped a poll conducted by his team-mates James Tarkowski has been named the Latics players' young player of the year.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2756331,00.html

Even though he's made a few errors I think he's come a long way this season.

James Tarkowski has been named the Latics players' young player of the year.

The 19-year-old central defender (pictured), who has established himself as a key member of the first-team squad, topped a poll conducted by his team-mates James Tarkowski has been named the Latics players' young player of the year.

http://www.oldhamath...2756331,00.html

Even though he's made a few errors I think he's come a long way this season.

If he continues to improve then he will be a decent centre back - he needs to add speed to his game - both of thought and off the mark. Nice one Tarko!

I think he's gone a bit backwards and makes the same mistake week in week out. He needs to LISTEN to his coaches and learn to switch on for 90 minutes. Last season he was very good this year after a promising start in January/February he's been our weak link at the back. That's not to say I don't rate him, I do and believe if he can knuckle down and improve his positioning in particular, he will become a very good CB but there's a long way to go yet or he may just find himself becoming another Danny Hall - another CB with similar ability on the ball but never really improved over his three seasons here.

As for the young player award, who else realistically could have got it? Mellor was up and down, Winchester has barely played. Personally young player should have definitely been Cisak. His penalty save v Walsall and the ensuing 2 points gained has spared us last day nerves...

Edited by oafcprozac