Oldham and Rochdale feature in new list of top ten poorest areas of England

House of Lords Bar is pretty rough. Was a right scrap in there last time I was in.

Never been in the Lords one, but some pissed up Sweaty put the nut on a couple of guys a few days after I was last in the Commons Strangers Bar.

YES! Toxteth West's only 5th! In your FACE, Toxteth East!

I shouldn't joke, those statistics are downright depressing.64% child poverty in the 7th richest country in the world is appalling. 'Poorest' doesn't necessarily equal 'worst place to live' though. I used to live in a 'nicer' bit of Liverpool. It was only 'nice' if you turned a blind eye to the swastika graffiti and the nimbys physically attacking hospital staff for parking their cars (entirely legally) outside their houses. Hated the place, couldn't wait to move. Toxteth's a far better place to live.

I shouldn't joke, those statistics are downright depressing.64% child poverty in the 7th richest country in the world is appalling. 'Poorest' doesn't necessarily equal 'worst place to live' though. I used to live in a 'nicer' bit of Liverpool. It was only 'nice' if you turned a blind eye to the swastika graffiti and the nimbys physically attacking hospital staff for parking their cars (entirely legally) outside their houses. Hated the place, couldn't wait to move. Toxteth's a far better place to live.

One of my pet hates - people getting territorial over the bit of the public highway outside their house. It doesn't belong to you, dickhead.

My enduring memory of the Liverpool match will forever be the morning after, when my cousin looked out the window of his flat and said, "there's a man over there hitting a fridge with a sledgehammer." He wasn't lying either.

This is based on church parishes- so a small parish with lots of very poor people is going to appear overly deprived than it should. The most recent index of multiple deprivations (which will analyse the same sort of statistics) but on a much more consistent area size shows that the poorest area is actually somewhere in Essex and whilst Liverpool features significantly in the top 10 it doesn't have 5 areas.

As for the parking outside NHS buildings it is common at every hospital I have ever visited, there is no ideal solution which appeases local residents and the hospital staff, many of whom will work unsocial hours where public transport is an issue for quite low pay. I'm thankful that I've never been physically attacked for parking on the street though- do that is an absolute disgrace.

My enduring memory of the Liverpool match will forever be the morning after, when my cousin looked out the window of his flat and said, "there's a man over there hitting a fridge with a sledgehammer." He wasn't lying either.

Does he live in Kensington? My nan lived in a (now demolished) tower block in Kensington. Someone once threw a fridge out of one of the upper floor flats. I appreciate I'm not painting a great picture of the city here but the stories about people going ape:censored: mental with fridges are a lot funnier than the ones about people being decent citizens.

Does he live in Kensington? My nan lived in a (now demolished) tower block in Kensington. Someone once threw a fridge out of one of the upper floor flats. I appreciate I'm not painting a great picture of the city here but the stories about people going ape:censored: mental with fridges are a lot funnier than the ones about people being decent citizens.

I think it was in or near Toxteth. I don't remember the street but I do remember chuckling at seeing Boswell Street nearby. The bloke spent a good 20 minutes twatting the fridge to rip the bits out of it before a van turned up to take them away, stopping only to have a long argument with someone shouting at him from a window.

I think it was in or near Toxteth. I don't remember the street but I do remember chuckling at seeing Boswell Street nearby. The bloke spent a good 20 minutes twatting the fridge to rip the bits out of it before a van turned up to take them away, stopping only to have a long argument with someone shouting at him from a window.

Just down the road from the Boundary pub? yeah that's Toxteth. (the bit that came first on that list) Great place but yeah, blokes beating the :censored: out of white goods aren't an uncommon occurrence. Quite a lot of mattresses dotted about the streets as well, which i like to think are an example of our community spirit, as not everywhere takes the trouble to provide bedding for tramps.

Edited by rosa

Just down the road from the Boundary pub? yeah that's Toxteth. (the bit that came first on that list) Great place but yeah, blokes beating the :censored: out of white goods aren't an uncommon occurrence. Quite a lot of mattresses dotted about the streets as well, which i like to think are an example of our community spirit, as not everywhere takes the trouble to provide bedding for tramps.

That would be it. Lovely big house, and occupied by 10 Taigs in traditional fashion.