04-05 New Home - First Carlotto, round collar

New Away Shirt Black and Silver Carlotti

05-06 New 100 Years at BP Carlotti Home Shirt

New Ice White Away Shirt

06-07 100 Years at BP Shirt. Sponsor changed to Hillstone

New Navy and Gold Away Shirt

07-08 New Carlotti Short Collar Home Shirt

New Tangerine and Blue Away Shirt

08-09 Originally New Monkey Sick Yellow Away Shirt. Carlotti ballsed them up resulted in New Carbrini Home Shirt

New Carbrini Monkey Sick Yellow Away Shirt

Pink Charideeee Shirt

09-10 New Navy and Orange Away Shirt

10-11 New Home Blue and White Shirt

White and Blue Away Shirt

11-12 New Black and Gold Away Shirt

12-13 New Blue and Gold Home

Tangerine and White? Away Shirt

Bearing in mind in the previous 8 years we had 11 shirts, has this now become excessive? I know the club need to bring in income and replica shirts are the sweetest nut in sales but are we being screwed? I know you don'y have to buy them but it is difficult when you have two kids that want them too.

It's not just Latics, it seems to me we are following the standard script of the Premier League clubs of releasing 2 kits every year. I know we USUALLY get two years out of the home strip but still….

Edited by oafcprozac

It's absolutely the norm by modern standards. We know the formula, as it's been running for some time now: new home shirt every two years, new away strip every year, with current away strip demoted to third strip. Almost all clubs are doing the same thing.

Personally, I think the third strip is a complete nonsense and isn't required, as long as the home and away are sufficiently different to each other (which is supposed to be the idea).

But people don't have to buy them.

I don't think we are 2 bad the 3rd kit is a little pointless. But their are time when 1 is needed (Remember when we played palace and we need to make a new white kit to play cause our blue home and red away kits both clashed). Our kits are normally around for 2 years which is the norm. In contrast United are on their 4th different home shirt in 4 different season. I don't think we are that bad