sheff weds at home

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's not a weekend. I know the Olympics are one but we don't need to swap our traditional calendar so much.

If the club plays it correctly it could tempt a sell-out from Sheff Weds. Set the prices at £10-12 and they'll flood across. I don't see why we can't work a 7,000 crowd IF we can make the fans appreciate a fair price.

And it's certainly winnable. It depends on how Dave Jones sees it.

One of the better draws we could have hoped for. There's no use in saying 'that's us out' because Carlisle sent us out last year and we probably made a third of what we stand to earn from this draw.

Any chance of it being televised live ?

A good chance to progress this - their right back conceded loads down his side towards the end of last season.

I'm sure he won't play but if he does then i'm sure the rest of the team will follow instructions and cover!!

Do you think he'll be able to move around the pitch as freely with that massive 3 year contract in his back pocket Harry??

I'm sure he won't play but if he does then i'm sure the rest of the team will follow instructions and cover!!

Do you think he'll be able to move around the pitch as freely with that massive 3 year contract in his back pocket Harry??

he was weighed down the first 2 years he was here so unless he has been in the gym he may struggle

Ha ha, is he??? Missed that bit :blush:

Just having a little jovial banter :clown:

you seem to jump his defence a hell of a lot

so whats the relationship?

by the way the puchline was the same as yours, his contract must have been weighing him down so he couldnt get out of the reserves,

it was his contract all along not Dave Penney as people would have you believe

you seem to jump his defence a hell of a lot

so whats the relationship?

by the way the puchline was the same as yours, his contract must have been weighing him down so he couldnt get out of the reserves,

it was his contract all along not Dave Penney as people would have you believe

Always best when you have to explain your jokes innit ..... :laught30:

Please expand on your comments ref Penney and contracts....i'm intrigued!!

If the club plays it correctly it could tempt a sell-out from Sheff Weds. Set the prices at £10-12 and they'll flood across. I don't see why we can't work a 7,000 crowd IF we can make the fans appreciate a fair price.

Or we could get 3600 at £20 and make more money.

There could possibly be a deal for ST holders (might tempt the odd person to buy one for either club). But I can't see Corney and Mandaric agreeing to half the price.

Always best when you have to explain your jokes innit ..... :laught30:

Please expand on your comments ref Penney and contracts....i'm intrigued!!

i wasnt joking...... it must be the reason that you pointed out it cant be that he just wasnt good enough can it?

i wasnt joking...... it must be the reason that you pointed out it cant be that he just wasnt good enough can it?

I'm lost now!! So he signs a contract and we won't play him because we pay him too much.....ahhhh right, makes perfect sense now, thank's for explaining it to me!!

As for being good enough...his performances over the period of time he was played, would back up your 'argument' that he is and always was :censored:!!...Right???

Or we could get 3600 at £20 and make more money.

There could possibly be a deal for ST holders (might tempt the odd person to buy one for either club). But I can't see Corney and Mandaric agreeing to half the price.

You will find that the figures are roughly equal, medic. However, a cheap entry fee would generate more money in fans supping. Not only that, but for the surrounding pubs.

If it wasn't the first match of 2012/13 a £20 a head would not even clock up 3,600. Charging £20 would annoy a lot of fans, both home and away.

I agree a STH deal should also be in play.

Edited by UpTheLatics

You will find that the figures are roughly equal, Rummy. However, a cheap entry fee would generate more money in fans supping. Not only that, but for the surrounding pubs.

If it wasn't the first match of 2012/13 a £20 a head would not even clock up 3,600. Charging £20 would annoy a lot of fans, both home and away.

I reckon with it being the first game and with it being on a Saturday, we'd get over 6k there. At £15 and £8 for tickets, we'd be on a winner....a Lg 1 team on a Tuesday night would see us with a crowd of less than 2k.....no brainer really.

he was weighed down the first 2 years he was here so unless he has been in the gym he may struggle

I'm lost now!! So he signs a contract and we won't play him because we pay him too much.....ahhhh right, makes perfect sense now, thank's for explaining it to me!!

As for being good enough...his performances over the period of time he was played, would back up your 'argument' that he is and always was :censored:!!...Right???

you were the one mentioned his massive contract weighing him down originally do i can see how that would confuse you

he obviously wasnt good enough when he first arrived or he would have played, he improved and made the side eventually

if he waits 3 years to improve at wednesday he may struggle

i hope that clears it up for you sunshine

you were the one mentioned his massive contract weighing him down originally do i can see how that would confuse you

he obviously wasnt good enough when he first arrived or he would have played, he improved and made the side eventually

if he waits 3 years to improve at wednesday he may struggle

i hope that clears it up for you sunshine

How does that old saying go.....'If only you knew the truth' .....or even....' a little knowledge is dangerous' blah blah blah.....bored now and im sure everyone else is.....work to do!!

How does that old saying go.....'If only you knew the truth' .....or even....' a little knowledge is dangerous' blah blah blah.....bored now and im sure everyone else is.....work to do!!

oh well done! he didnt make the team for 2 years because of other reasons than football that you know but are not telling....brilliant!

jog on!

You will find that the figures are roughly equal, medic. However, a cheap entry fee would generate more money in fans supping. Not only that, but for the surrounding pubs.

Yes that was my point, if we were to get 7000 fans paying £10 a ticket, we would start to make more money than that at 3500 fans paying £20; probably less as more fans means more police. I dont know what the deal is with booze sales, I think the club get a flat fee which isnt dependent on sales and I don't really care about how much money the local pubs get. If we were to get 4000 at £20 the income would be £10k more than 7000 at £10.

You might be right in saying we will struggle to get 3600 if it wasn't the first game of the season, but it is so that point is moot.

How much will Wednesday charge their fans for home games next season? If will be less than whatever we charge them, so I can't see too many of their fans being upset about it. Some ours might be but I certainly won't as it means more money for the club to spend on player wages.