OAFC Hall of Fame?

I dont know if something like this has been mentioned on here previously but was wondering why we dont have a Oldham Athletic Hall of Fame

it got me thinking after reading about a Norwich player being inducted in to theres at the end of the season

why dont the club start one for our legends

it wouldnt take much would it?

1 or 2 inducted each year and of course if the legends are still around they could be a special guest of honour at the players evening or at a home game.

it would just need something setting up on the website and some records kept at the club

what are peoples thoughts?

Is it a relative hall of fame? so players like Eyres, Shez etc who have played at this level could be in with a shout?

every player that ever turned out for us could be considered

not just restricted to those that played at the top level

and as far back in history as the club wish to go

players should be selected with good reason though imo

I mentioned this on Twitter, it could well be added to the Players' Award night. First inductee would be Joe Royle, with Frizzell, Ritchie, Palmer etc. all going in at some point. I'd also put Alan Hardy in at some point, he may not have played but he did a lot for the club and deserves credit.

I mentioned this on Twitter, it could well be added to the Players' Award night. First inductee would be Joe Royle, with Frizzell, Ritchie, Palmer etc. all going in at some point. I'd also put Alan Hardy in at some point, he may not have played but he did a lot for the club and deserves credit.

i agree, i doesnt have to be restricted to players, alot of people have done alot of great things for this club over the years

maybe the club could pick someone and put another to a fans vote on the official site

it might be something to keep the club history relevant in the (hopefully) many many years to come