"Oldham's a ****hole I want to go home"

It seems to me that the only chant from the away end in recent seasons has been this one, does anyone in League 1 actually sing anything else these days? It's such a painfully tedious chant, whatever happened to whitty Football banter and what is the funniest chant you heard at a Latics game?

I have to say from the Main Stand it was good to hear our own fans last night and songs that got behind the team as well not just ones to goad the away fans. They may be looked down on in the RRE because most of them are only young but I'll take my hat off to them, they could be so easily sucked into Sky Sports' Premiership love-in but instead they choose to watch the dross served up by the team last night

It does seem that every single football chant at every single football ground is sung to the tune of Sloop John B these days though. It's getting slightly irritating. Slightly very irritating.

yep agreed not just Football you also hear it at the Cricket, Rugby League etc, I think it's a fad thing I remember around 96-2000 all we ever heard were songs to the tune of Three Lions and before that it was Go West. I wonder what the next one will be.......

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Not just that chant all i ever here is this chant Stevenage being an example we support the stevenage, the stevenage, the stevenage, and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it, Bury and number of other teams heard some West Ham fans doing it at the Euros. The :censored: hole was funny at first but Oldham have sung it also.

Two best chants for me stood out last season, Tranmere away in the pub before the game when the SKY kept going off when Liverpool where Playing Man U. 1-0 WHEN IT COMES BACK ON 1-0 WHEN IT COMES BACK ON. When it came on Liverpool had scored.

At Sheffield United 2-0 down where only here to see Inspirals, here to see Inspirals.

Football chanting bores me half the time nowadays - and I'm only 22.

Blame Youtube etc. There's two or three tunes that dominate and that Easten European rubbish that's sang annoys me. Who sing these songs? Young lads who are proud to have had a pint and on an away day. We've all been there, but the internet wasn't as dominant, which is how these terrible tunes and chants spread quickest - and the groups of lads copying them.

The old-school Stretford Enders must have been gobsmacked when the prats who attend Manchester United away games these days came out with that "We'll do what we want" bollocks.

Football chanting bores me half the time nowadays - and I'm only 22.

Blame Youtube etc. There's two or three tunes that dominate and that Easten European rubbish that's sang annoys me. Who sing these songs? Young lads who are proud to have had a pint and on an away day. We've all been there, but the internet wasn't as dominant, which is how these terrible tunes and chants spread quickest - and the groups of lads copying them.

The old-school Stretford Enders must have been gobsmacked when the prats who attend Manchester United away games these days came out with that "We'll do what we want" bollocks.

I miss all the songs from 2002/3 ish, hardly or not sung at all anymore.

The young lads try their best to make an atmosphere but their choice of songs are largely gash. Not like in my day! Lower chaddy and lookers paddock days ;~)