Retire with haste, horrid pict. Retire!

With back to back away defeats to follow its looking bleak where is a win coming from where are 2 in a row coming from? Pompey away- donny away 0 points notts county home and iron at home both bogey teams then away to brentford? Can't see much for mr "judge me in 10 games" I will judge you in 10 games and if we have 8 points on the board it will be a miracle

Why are you using a pseudo account to talk your hating gob:censored:e?

I said to the lads that this is worse than under Ritchie at least then u knew we were :censored: and accepted it now we've got capable players that perform like that! That's why it's so bad! Why does dickov have such a rapport with a certain section of fans I mean come on what affiliation does this man have with athletic? Garbage manager destined for a higher level my arse!!

Why would no manager bring on a left midfielder? In this case he brought on Connor Hughes obviously hoping that he'd get the ball across for Smith & Simpson. Before that he brought on Smith who did pretty well I thought and his other sub was to Brown who he clearly wanted as an attacking threat. Each one of the changes made were what people on here had been asking for over the last two weeks.

I was happy with brown coming on but I would of taken simpson off and puttaylor on 2 upfront with montano crossing in

That was embarrassing

Cisak - did ok had no option but to bring the striker down could gone in fact was stone wall pen

Byrne- gave tarky one huge bollocking when gave away pen, looked out of it 50mins in better at CB but has to play long as not good enough on the ball

JYM- no problem if we had 5 of him

Tarky - wtf was he doing heading home anyway, not a league 1 player yet anyway

Grounds - Akins made a mug of him time and time again 1st half, much improved after the break

Montano - never got the ball to him, switches off defensively which didn't help grounds

Furman - lot effort and defensively did ok but got to move the ball quicker and not just side to side

Winchester - looked awful so slow on the ball better when he went off

M'Chanagama - 100% effort not sure other could say that was my mom at least he wants the ball

Croft - Looked gone with 15mins to go good effort and looks like could be good for brown to play with

Simpson - billy big bollocks no effort what so ever owes Oldham a performance big time

Smith- did quite well was a target won a few knock downs was fouled a lot at the end would start him v Pompey

Brown - quick very quick did ok

Hughes - got to get the ball in the box quicker, would start him v Pompey

This could be a selective memory at play, but I don't think so.

Tactics aside, It has always troubled me how poor Dickov is at inspiring his players at half time to either improve performance or even more specifically maintain performance levels when we are winning.

I really would like to know what he says in the dressing room, since we have to be the most disappointing team on the planet between the minutes of 45-90. We either don't improve by any reasonable measure, or we get significantly worse.

Oh I think time is fast approaching up for Dickov, nice bloke but not learning or progressed tactically and failed to motivate the team for 45mins in a must not lose game

He brought the players in he has to take the responsibility

I would give him 4 more game at least then see where we are unfortunatley think that will be bottom 4 :(

Big task has to get loans in this week

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Unless this season there is a massive improvement from the team over what we have seen (for all but the first 30 minutes against Sheff Wed), then I fear this will be Paul Dickov's last season. There are only so many times he can say "I know what went wrong last season, I've learnt from it, I'm going to bring in "x" type of player" before it gets old and the fans stop listening to him.

If he just can't bring in the type of players that he complains of not having (ie leaders, workaholics and players who "do the basics" and follow instructions) because of finances, then that's fair enough. I can accept that. But we always seem to have the same kind of players (skillful but toothless, lacking character and tactically naive) and yet Dickov always acts like he has the players he wants and has it all handled.

I really want him to succeed. He still can. But now and for the first time, i've started to think that he probably won't. Hope to be wrong.

Soz get out you poor Scottish manager!! Sure the mods will remove it if you are offended by it!

I'm not offended by it.

What I don't like is people who type with such an attitude as yours. I don't have a problem with your opinions - they're yours and you're entitled to them. I like to write what I'd say to somebody's face. Would you call Paul Dickov a "Jock prick" to his face? You probably wouldn't.

It's just a figure of speech he is a jock and I think he's a prick that's all could say worse to be honest

But why care enough about him being Scottish to even bring it into your insult? Unless of course you have a problem with Scottish people.

I don't understand people who do that.

Fundamentally, it is acceptable to lose to Stevenage, or anyone else for that matter. When you go along to the game you accept the possibility that your team might not win. People who go to the game thinking their team have a God-given right to victory disgust me, but they're usually Man U fans.

do not put tics fans in the same vain as that red :censored:e down the road and if people that think their team is going to win at home disgust you then you are probably not right to support any team full stop

do not put tics fans in the same vain as that red :censored:e down the road and if people that think their team is going to win at home disgust you then you are probably not right to support any team full stop

Tulsehill is right though, Oldham have no claim on any game, and well done Stevenage for doing the job.

You do realise that if every supporter expects their team to win, then most of them are wrong?

The truth is that if you go to a game expecting to win against a team in your own division, and don't acknowledge the likelihood of defeat, then why go at all? You're basically setting up a scenario where you are neutral if you win and devastated if you don't (if this is the case then no wonder so many Latics fans are angry all the time).

I like a bit of jeopardy in sport. Without it all I could be left with is performance art. That would be a bit dull if you ask me.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills