John Sheridan

Shez  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Shez back at BP should Dickov leave ?

• Yes - The guys a legend and will always be welcome
    • No - He buggered it up last time and has buggered it up at Chesterfield
    • Not arsed

Whilst I liked Dowie and his enthusiasm, I dont understand this desire to go back yet again from some of our fans.

I am also a little confused at how a manager who had a vastly bigger budget than we have now (and much higher than 95% of our league at the time) and yet still failed to get us to a Play Off Final (let alone automatic promotion) would do any better than who we have in charge at the moment?

Whilst I liked Dowie and his enthusiasm, I dont understand this desire to go back yet again from some of our fans.

I am also a little confused at how a manager who had a vastly bigger budget than we have now (and much higher than 95% of our league at the time) and yet still failed to get us to a Play Off Final (let alone automatic promotion) would do any better than who we have in charge at the moment?

People always get nostalgic when times are tough. That's why history has been re-written recently to make Ronnie Moore out as a misunderstood genius who was hounded out by us evil Oldham fans.

In some cases it's down to a lack of imagination and resistance to change.

It was strictly our dislike of his football so we did hound him out.

And some of the most spineless, gutless performances I've ever seen from a Latics team (Barnsley home and away, Tranmere away, Forest away etc etc), with a pretty decent set of players. He was :censored:e, and the job he's doing at Tranmere doesn't take anything away from that fact.

And some of the most spineless, gutless performances I've ever seen from a Latics team (Barnsley home and away, Tranmere away, Forest away etc etc), with a pretty decent set of players. He was :censored:e, and the job he's doing at Tranmere doesn't take anything away from that fact.

Those performances were dreadful but - I dunno what others are saying - I only ever questioned the attitude change which has saved Dickov.

The football was :censored:e, true, but Moore's record stands up perfectly fine.