Boring I know but yet another richards thread

Given Mancini appears to prefer Zabaleta in front of Richards and now City are tageting Maicon from Inter as back up to Zabaleta with Matija Nastasic all set to sign also, where does it leaves Richards?

Still no sign or whispers he's goona have to leave for first team football elsewhere though. This window see's him injured but if he doesn't leave soon when is his contract up? and Latics get nowt.

How long does he have left on his contract now? Is time running out?

One of the key reasons they won't sell Richards is because of his nationality, however now he signed Rodwell and he is about to sign Sinclair, that may be less of an issue.

If Richards has any ambition, I expect him to force the issue. If he doesn't, he'll see his contract out.

Then again they can always loan him out. I don't know if we get any percentage of loan fees if that happens.

One of the key reasons they won't sell Richards is because of his nationality, however now he signed Rodwell and he is about to sign Sinclair, that may be less of an issue.

If Richards has any ambition, I expect him to force the issue. If he doesn't, he'll see his contract out.

Then again they can always loan him out. I don't know if we get any percentage of loan fees if that happens.

Actually Richards would count as a club trained player which is important as to have a full squad of 25 you need at least 4 players who trained at the club for 3 years up to 21. They can have more than 25 but the additional ones have to be under 21 and have been registered to play for the club for 2 years.

Sinclair's a done deal.

Actually Richards would count as a club trained player which is important as to have a full squad of 25 you need at least 4 players who trained at the club for 3 years up to 21. They can have more than 25 but the additional ones have to be under 21 and have been registered to play for the club for 2 years.

True. He may be the only option they have for those 4 places. I'm struggling to think of anyone else. I would have sorted it if I was in charge playing Football Manager :rolleyes:

It's just a case of if Richards want to be third choice. He will never get into the England team unless he plays regularly somewhere.

Edit: Just thought of one - Joe Hart

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

True. He may be the only option they have for those 4 places. I'm struggling to think of anyone else. I would have sorted it if I was in charge playing Football Manager :rolleyes:

It's just a case of if Richards want to be third choice. He will never get into the England team unless he plays regularly somewhere.

Don't think Joe Hart counts as he was signed too late. :unsure:

Maybe he isn't all that arsed about playing for England though? Toys out of the pram at being back up for the WC.

As expected, Manchester City have wrapped up the signing of Inter Milan right-back Maicon. It's all there, in Italian words on the Inter website. I'm sure the Brazilian will be looking forward to settling a score with a certain Gareth Bale when City play Tottenham. I wonder where this leaves Micah Richards, though?

Just put in another thread, Mancini has said that Richards is injured and doesn't know how long he'll be out. He won't be moving in this window and it's arguable that Maicon is just cover for him anyway.

My source for this is Tom. Tom is a bloke I work with and we were chatting whilst brewing up earlier. Nice guy is Tom.