We're going to win today

Forget the tactics, injuries, ineffective midfield, forwards lacking a cutting edge and general negativity around the place.

We're going to win because it's my birthday today. The big 4-0 and I've spent more years of it supporting us than I haven't. The wife and kids brought me a cake in the shape of our shirt with badges, FILA on the arms, everything.

I'll be celebrating tonight and I predict I'll be celebrating our first win too. 4-0? I doubt it but I have a feeling Smith will score in the last 10 minutes ;)

Edited by Midsblue

Following on SSN as I've cancelled LP subscription (even though the &£#€ have taken my £42.99) due to it being :censored:.

Slew off and Smith on so a few extra minutes under his belt rather than the usual 10 minutes can result in a goal!

Come on your blues (well orange)

PD doing his best to throw it away - defending a 1-0 lead - pulling Simpson off and inviting Portsmouth to attack us for the remainder of the game with our suspect fitness!

I question a lot of Dickov's tactics, but you can't question this. Byrne had been sent off, so he took a striker off and put Tarky on, it was a substitution he had to make!

I agree a CB had to come on - but would have preferred to have an attacking outlet to relieve the pressure (and stress!) of holding on. Perhaps Mchamanga leaving Simpson in an atacking midfield role. Doesn't matter now - as delighted and relieved with the 3 points.