chant yesterday at pompey

Lack of originality - mvoto song stolen from Sheff Weds

Wesolowski - stolen from Liverpool and barely even works because it becomes so disjointed.

Furman - has and original version of a song but possibly one of the worst latics chants ever.

Simpson - great thought into this one. McDonald and Vernon being the predecessors.

Then we have Cisak,Bryne, Grounds,Tarky,brown,Changy,Croft,Montano who don't even have chants to name a few - must be inspiring for them. Granted some are new but a bit of effort??

The only thing that was different was Matt Smiths Chant that came together at Scunny last year. Where Ole Ole came from god knows - he's no juninho.

As for 'one Paul Dickov' thank god for that.

Time to get upto date and unique I think, just don't ask me I'm no lyricist.

I'll probably get mocked for this (which will prove a point of how nothing new ever gets thought of) but here goes:

(To the tune of Flash)

Croft AAAAAHHHHHH, winger for the Boys in Blue..................

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Simpson - great thought into this one. McDonald and Vernon being the predecessors.

Those songs in fairness are probably more in celebration of great moments than anything else.

I'm with Zorrro on this, sure it's nice to have our own song but we go to the football to have a sing-song and I couldn't care less who first thought of using that tune for a chant.

I will disagree with him on one thing though, OWTB is totes amaze.

It needs to be fast and bouncy, not long, drawn-out and monotonous.

No.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Just no.

Taking the bounce out from the Southampton version is what makes OWTB so good. When it's done right, with everyone joining in (Preston away after we equalised last season springs to mind) it can be rousing and quite anthemic,.

No.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Just no.

Taking the bounce out from the Southampton version is what makes OWTB so good. When it's done right, with everyone joining in (Preston away after we equalised last season springs to mind) it can be rousing and quite anthemic,.

Aye, just like away at Hudds 6 or 7 years ago(first time I heard it) and we were 2-0 down.

Makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.