Hatton Comeback

• 2 months later...

Sad to see that, thought if he was going to get KO'd it'd have been early. But that body shot came out of nowhere, he was tired and that but actually didn't perform that badly considering he'd been out for 3 and a half years. Gotta worry about the guy now and his mental state after that.

I thought his physique looked dreadful, there was none of his previous bulk, he looked delicate, no real muscle or tone his legs were wiry and his biceps looked weak. HIs skin on his ribs was loose. I expected a generous split decision but after the third round he was getting picked off, then the final couple of rounds he was getting bashed and although the body shot did for him I think by that stage any decision in his favour would have been seriously biased. He landed but was caught time and again. Exactly the 'comeback' I thought it would be. But I didn't expect it to be over before it started, sadly you cannot snort the amount of Charlie, scoff the amount of fried foods and slurp the amount of Guinness and still programme your body into Contender Mode....

I thought his physique looked dreadful, there was none of his previous bulk...

He should've kept a picture of himself on his back staring at the lights in his wallet, this fight didn't need to happen.

It looked like he aggressively cut weight - MMA has pondered with banning it, in favour of an algorithm that includes height as well. It's complicated I'm told but argued that it's a fairer system. Also it can protect fighters dangerously cutting weight.

You are always vulnerable to body shots if you lose the weight too fast.

Froch did it to Mack the week before who lost that little extra weight to make super-mid.

Hatton had nothing to prove to anyone. He just needs to focus on being the best promoter and the best trainer there is now.

No one remembers the end of Gazza's career. Like no one will remember the very end of Hattons.