Montano

As mentioned elsewhere, my first game tonight this season and I reckon we've really got a player on our hands here. It may all end in tears (it usually does here) but he's quick, strong, and got a few decent balls in. And most encouraging of all, even late in the game he was still running at them and showing no sign of real fatigue.

Well done to all involved for stumping up the cash for him - hopefully he'll be a good footballing and financial investment.

Really encouraged by a lot of things I saw tonight.

As mentioned elsewhere, my first game tonight this season and I reckon we've really got a player on our hands here. It may all end in tears (it usually does here) but he's quick, strong, and got a few decent balls in. And most encouraging of all, even late in the game he was still running at them and showing no sign of real fatigue.

Well done to all involved for stumping up the cash for him - hopefully he'll be a good footballing and financial investment.

Really encouraged by a lot of things I saw tonight.

This wasn't a one-off either. At Portsmouth he was immense, he can dribble, past players with pace, cross the ball but I think what I find most impressive about him is his ability to combine with teammates. He seems to have a football brain, getting into the correct positions and reading the play well.

He's a promising prospect, no wonder West Ham fans were reluctant about seeing him leave.

better & better with more games.

I thought at times in the 2nd half, he was almost unplayable.

Looks a decent bit of business really, If he continues to improve, then the Championship beckons and we'd due a decent fee. Well done PD & Corney.

We looked a decent prospect out wide on both sides tonight. Croft was in & out of the games, but he's looking sharper and again is looking better with every game. We've also decent prospects in Hughes and Sutherland for out wide too.

It's coming together and PD IS LEARNING!!!!

Now everyone knows i never believed the Taylor hype (certainly after his first 2 seasons where he was looking like being a gem), but even in his short time here - purely being objective in respect of ability, way he plays the game and his team contribution - Montano has been streets ahead of Taylor in comparison with the Taylor of the last 2 seasons.

He Tracks back with commitment

Tackles and takes it forward

ALWAYS looking to BEAT a man

He also is getting it on his left and simply just putting it in there to cause problems, which it does, and picks up the loose balls.

Definately got the better player - he hasn't turned back, got it on his right foot, cut inside and been crowded out once yet! ;)

Croft has been frustrating thoughm certainly tonight his touch had deserted him; hopefully improvement in his game will come once Baxter and the lads link up more and more.

As above, I think he could be money well spent. Considering he supposedly cost what Colbeck cost it looks like we might have found a bargain.

Can I also add, as I don't think it has been mentioned yet, he is actually pretty good in the air too. The corner we got the equaliser from on Saturday, where Montano won the initial header could be very effective this season. He won't get marked by the best headers from the opposition but I'd reckon he will beat his man more often than others.

Edited by rudemedic

As above, I think he could be money well spent. Considering he supposedly cost what Colbeck cost it looks like we might have found a bargain.

Can I also add, as I don't think it has been mentioned yet, he is actually pretty good in the air too. The corner we got the equaliser from on Saturday, where Montano won the initial header could be very effective this season. He won't get marked by the best headers from the opposition but I'd reckon he will beat his man more often than others.

he can also score from corners too..

his video editing skills let him down a little here however.

• 2 weeks later...

Played fantastic last night.

Its a pleasure watching an out and out winger just running at people.

Defenders really didn't know how to cope with him.

Like it was said earlier in this thread, getting better and better all the time.

I've got shed 7 in my head now.