The 'Unholy Trinity"

Well that was fun 63 pages to justify a four match ban and to try and make an appeal unlikely.

To achieve the result, I suspect they wanted from the outset, they have called Cole a liar, criticised the Magistrate, explained why Anton was not charged and decided that making abusive racist remarks does not make you a racist.

They found that Anton only said one of the "unholy trinity", (:censored:, :censored:ing and black) whereas Terry said all three. They also used a subsequent event, the Barcelona sending off for a knee in the back and his denial, to categorise his earlier behaviour ignoring, at this point, his previous exceptional disciplinary record (four red cards in 668 appearances).

Undoubtedly Terry said ":censored:ing black :censored:" but we don't know and the FA didn't want to know what he prefaced those words with - it is a matter of record that he did say something. What the FA has done to my mind is condone all sorts of foul and abusive language both on and off the pitch.

Terry isn't racist, a racist is a deeply held prejudice against a group of people. Whereas Terry said a racist remark in the heat of the moment after a personal taunt, I'm not condoning what he said and he should be punished. He's should pay the fine take the ban and quite frankly we should put whole thing behind us because I find the whole issue depressing.

Well that was fun 63 pages to justify a four match ban and to try and make an appeal unlikely.

To achieve the result, I suspect they wanted from the outset, they have called Cole a liar, criticised the Magistrate, explained why Anton was not charged and decided that making abusive racist remarks does not make you a racist.

They found that Anton only said one of the "unholy trinity", (:censored:, :censored:ing and black) whereas Terry said all three. They also used a subsequent event, the Barcelona sending off for a knee in the back and his denial, to categorise his earlier behaviour ignoring, at this point, his previous exceptional disciplinary record (four red cards in 668 appearances).

Undoubtedly Terry said ":censored:ing black :censored:" but we don't know and the FA didn't want to know what he prefaced those words with - it is a matter of record that he did say something. What the FA has done to my mind is condone all sorts of foul and abusive language both on and off the pitch.

They found that, on the balance of probability, his explanation as to why he said it was a load of utter bollocks. Unless I am given reason to think otherwise, I will presume that anyone who believes differently is an idiot, mad, or the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

Whether Anton should have been charged (although I don't believe he is accused of the same offence by anyone?) might be a different matter. Terry was caught on camera doing just what he was accused of doing, which is contrary to FA rules.

To be fair the whole thing is a joke int it. Long an short of it is he's called someone a c*nt and got a four match ban an a fine for it. The only offensive word aimed at Ferdinand was c*nt. the words black white purple orange arnt and shouldn't be offensive to anyone. The words that follow are the offensive ones. It certainly doesn't make someone racist for saying it as is pointed out above racism is much deeper than that. I may be looking at it in a very simplistic way but its better than branding everyone for daring to say a colour. Pc went crazy along time ago and things like this just make it worse

To be fair the whole thing is a joke int it. Long an short of it is he's called someone a c*nt and got a four match ban an a fine for it. The only offensive word aimed at Ferdinand was c*nt. the words black white purple orange arnt and shouldn't be offensive to anyone. The words that follow are the offensive ones. It certainly doesn't make someone racist for saying it as is pointed out above racism is much deeper than that. I may be looking at it in a very simplistic way but its better than branding everyone for daring to say a colour. Pc went crazy along time ago and things like this just make it worse

Is it not fair to think that if I call a black person a black :censored:, that part of the reason I think he is a :censored: is that he is black?

U cud argue that but I wud disagree. How can the colour of there skin make someone a c*nt. If your a c*nt then ur a c*nt weather your black or white surely?

I think the point is that it does if you're a racist, but it doesn't if you aren't. It's a waste of a word otherwise isn't it?

Well ye I get you. But they agreed terry wasn't racist meaning they accept the word wasn't ment to be racist meaning they banned him for calling him a c*nt??

I must admit I don't get why they feel able to say whether someone is or isn't racist. Only they could know, a person could have done all manner of things for anti-racism stuff and be as bad as they come and vice versa. The charge was racial abuse though, and Terry called Anton a :censored:ing black :censored:. I am seriously reaching out to see how he isn't guilty of the charge.

Is it not fair to think that if I call a black person a black :censored:, that part of the reason I think he is a :censored: is that he is black?

Just out of curiosity, if Anton Ferdinand was ginger, or goofy, and John Terry had called him a "f*cking ginger c*nt" or "f*cking goofy c*nt" would he have got the same punishment?

Guest Scratch2000uk

It is not illegal to say something racist, but it is illegal to racially abuse someone, So saying something offensive doesn't make you a criminal, in certain circumstances,

The boundaries between legal and illegal are far from clear are they?

Just out of curiosity, if Anton Ferdinand was ginger, or goofy, and John Terry had called him a "f*cking ginger c*nt" or "f*cking goofy c*nt" would he have got the same punishment?

Not as I understand it - it might well fall under some other punishment but clearly not this one - and yes, it would probably not have been acted upon if it had been, "goofy." It's an interesting point, and one which I have had an interest in - we specifically class racial abuse against my front line colleagues as a cause to call for urgent attention and Police reporting, but we don't specifically class sexist or homophobic abuse in the same way. It's not that racism is acceptable, but there is a worry that other forms of abuse aren't given the same level of focus.