This Saturday's Referee

I know that this season our match referee has been crucial to the outcome of the game. (last weeks IMO had large stadium syndrome!).

Saturdays referee is Scott Duncan from Northumberland, new to the list in 2012/2013. Last year he was in the Conference and in 2012/2013 he has done 6 games, all in League 2. Ours is his first League 1 game - lets hope he gets it right!

think he was poor not to send atleast one of their men off, the RB in first half for the challenge on Montano when he came in over the ball or the RM already on a yellow for diving in the second half. Played advantage one or two times for us when there was no advantage and a free-kick wouldve been better but he was right with the stoppage time and albeit a bit soft, the penalty. However, it did seem he gave Sheff U quite a few free-kicks and decisions after a crowd appeal, suggesting he may have had Large Stadium Syndrome.

A mate of mine saw Scott Matthieson refereeing an under 13s game on Sunday in Hazel Grove. Credit to the bloke, that's putting something back in to the game when you don't have to.

I'm not sure he made any significant errors on Saturday. He was just a little more noticeable because the game got a little feisty at times. The fact he dealt with issues as they happened and nobody got a second yellow was a credit to him.

Was it a pen? Fraid so.

Should their lad have gone for the second bad foul on Montano? Would have been annoyed if my player had walked for that.

Did he handle the aftermath of Simpson's stupid rage on the keeper well? Yes.

Was there an injury in injury time? Yes, so he added time on for it.

also interestingly, last saturdays referee, Scott Mathieson was the ref when we drew 3-3 away at Preston, the one that didn't give that foul on Cisak for Prestons 3rd I think it was.

Yes and in that game Preston's right back could have had a red card on at least 2 occasions.

Maybe he just doesn't like wingers !!!!!!