National Football Museum Manchester

I went in the Summer, most of it was closed due to a power cut the previous day. So we were limited to what we could see and do. There's two radio commentaries from the semi-finals in '90 and '94.Pointon and Palmer's goals.

The Gary Lineker exhibit is good, where he interviews Geoff Hurst and one or two others, but the presentation is unique. The video on football disasters was good too, Apart from that it was your typical football museum, balls, programmes, pendants shirts etc… with plenty of interactive stuff. I'm going to give it another go during half-term so we can see the other two or three floors that were closed off.

One thing of note was an ancient turnstile from Burnden Park, I was embarassed when my 9 year old pointed out that we still have those in the Chaddy and Main Stand!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went again today for the 7/8 time, love the place. Soon as you walk in theres a a photo of a lady latics fan taken after we beat Liverpool last season, think it's part of the FL125. The FL125 exhibition was really good, checked out the 2nd division trophy because, well, I've never seen it before

Went earlier last year, more as a museum nerd than a football fan and thought it was great, much better than Urbis was. That is, all bar the rapidly-accumulating costs of the interactive games. Still, a good afternoon out.