Beat Accrington 2-0 tonight at a very, very cold Boundary Park.

Not the sexiest game of football I've ever seen, but Latics looked the stronger side throughout without showing much cutting edge.

I have little idea around the names but the players who impressed me were:

The keeper, Coleman, who wanted to dominate his box and usually did.

Number 7 who can dribble forever, just needs to learn the incisive pass is better than a shot 10 feet over the bar.

Number 8 who grew into the game.

Number 9 (McIntosh) who won the penalty for the first.

Number 10 (Wandless) who smashed a classy penalty and gave their lads some real issues until his legs went late on.

Number 11 (Kinder) who can trap a ball with more ease than any kid I've ever seen and stood out until going off injured towards the end of the first half.

If somebody could fill in the names of 7 and 8 for me I'd appreciate it.

Defence was untested, but kept its shape well.

Edited by opinions4u

6 was jack poxon

7 john pritchard

8 danny gossett

thought it was a solid all round performance and i believe we were missing a few players looking forward to the coventry game

And very very cold doesnt begin to describe it..We lived up to the nickname ice station zebra tonight..

Opinions4u, I was talking to our no7 John Pritchards father before the game at B.P. he was saying that after being released by Manchester Utd where he had been for the last 10 yrs mainly as a prolific Striker, he had about 20 clubs interested in signing him, but after speaking to T Philliskirk, M.Priest, & Paul Dickov who really impressed them, they decided OAFC just felt like the right club to hopefully progress at, and up to now he is loving it here. Certainly looks a good prospect from what ive seen of him in our youth team games this season.

Opinions4u, I was talking to our no7 John Pritchards father before the game at B.P. he was saying that after being released by Manchester Utd where he had been for the last 10 yrs mainly as a prolific Striker, he had about 20 clubs interested in signing him, but after speaking to T Philliskirk, M.Priest, & Paul Dickov who really impressed them, they decided OAFC just felt like the right club to hopefully progress at, and up to now he is loving it here. Certainly looks a good prospect from what ive seen of him in our youth team games this season.

Good to hear that.

It's exactly the sort of thing we need to be doing, picking up the young players released from 'bigger' clubs.

....and we are a club that they can progress at. Sutherland is yet another example of a young player breaking through. If they're good enough, they get games with us.

Good to hear that.

It's exactly the sort of thing we need to be doing, picking up the young players released from 'bigger' clubs.

....and we are a club that they can progress at. Sutherland is yet another example of a young player breaking through. If they're good enough, they get games with us.

Look out for Tomos Clarke, it would not surprise me if the big central defender made his first team debut this season, at just 16 years and 2 months he's such an assured player for his age.

BP, do you know what's happened to Carlton McIntosh? He seemed ready to make the step up compared to his peers but seems to have faded.

Not seen a lot of him so I'm undecided, he looks to have ability but needs needs to push ahead this season IMO.

What the hells happened to gary / musee latique guy has he spent all his redundancy money and stopped going latics away/ressies/youth?

I think he was up to 40 games this season. So he finds a way.

He's on Twitter.

Edited by opinions4u

BP, do you know what's happened to Carlton McIntosh? He seemed ready to make the step up compared to his peers but seems to have faded.

Although he wasn't outstanding the other night he runs the channels well. I thought he suffered a bit from the midfield, Pritchard in particular, being prepared to shoot from distance when a pass would be the better option.

In the end he won the decisive penalty with one of those runs and looked like he wanted it all game. He could learn a lot watching Derbyshire play as there are similarities in their games.

It's always hard to see if these lads will make it. But this one's got a chance asked on the one game I've seen.

Having seen plenty of Carlton, you can see he's a talented lad but he's not that full of goals. In fact the youth team hasn't really had an out and out goalscorer probably since the days of Brooke and Eaves.

Riley scored a few as did Laird, but neither was prolific.