Derbyshire extends

glad he's extended, but i would have preferred to give Smith a go on Saturday and have Derbyshire for a bit longer. It will have been thought through though and maybe the chance of games being postponed was a factor. Can only be a good thing though, he'll help us to get as many points as possible before we collapse after christmas

I hope Dickov is planning his January transactions over the next few months ready to replace Derbyshire when he's gone.

Great bit of news, now it gives us time to consider a new player and an extra few months of service from one of the best strikers in the league.

Hugely positive news. To keep the services of a striker several levels above what is generally available in this division is great. Hope that his and the clubs commitment is rewarded in extra numbers through the turnstile.

Great news this. He's a touch of class at this level - far above the norm level of loanee we have brought in previously.

What has surprised me about him is his workrate & effort. I had no idea he was that type of player. I think that, and his link up play have been the real positives about him - well, that and the fact he can score goals if given the chance.

Great news we've managed to extend, and I agree with the timescale too.

I think it's better to secure him for the here & now - rather than to gamble on future games, and quibling over a week or so.

We need to play a strong side on Saturday to win the game - and that strong side should include Matt Derbyshire. A Shame for Matt Smith, but I still expect him to feature from the bench.

It's a weird one though. One of my best mates is a Forest fan, and I've just text him. His reply was ' you can feckin' have him for free as far as im concerned, he's :censored:e pal'.

They just don't rate him at the City Ground. Far better for him to be somewhere where the club, management and fans actually do.

It's a weird one though. One of my best mates is a Forest fan, and I've just text him. His reply was ' you can feckin' have him for free as far as im concerned, he's :censored:e pal'.

They just don't rate him at the City Ground. Far better for him to be somewhere where the club, management and fans actually do.

When we first signed him, one of the common criticisms from Forest fans that I read was the he was supposed to be lazy. As you point out, he seems to be anything but.

The guy's name is pretty much on a par with us signing Matt Oldhamare:censored:andIloverManUtdandIlikeYorkshiretoo. It was always a misconceived deal.

Great news this. He's a touch of class at this level - far above the norm level of loanee we have brought in previously.

What has surprised me about him is his workrate & effort. I had no idea he was that type of player. I think that, and his link up play have been the real positives about him - well, that and the fact he can score goals if given the chance.

it's not only that he's scoring goals, but 3 of his 4 have been inside the six yard box and the other was after taking it round the keeper, maybe forest just don't put it in the box enough?

how many times did he play for forest? maybe they have only seen glimpses. can't understand why forest fans would call him pap and lazy. Championship quality at least.....

He's been excellent for us but he's played 15 games for Forest and scored 1 goal (according to Wikipedia). If we had a striker that had that record for us we too would probably slag them off.

Think Matt Smith, most of his games are 5 minute cameo's for us where he gets no time to settle in, yet I've read so many comments saying he's :censored:e (even though he's scored a few when he's started matches). Forest probably had bigger expectations of Derbyshire than we had of Smith when they joined both clubs so it is understandable that they are disappointed with his goal tally.

Edited by NewBlue