Karl Robinson and FA Cup draw

But what's to say that they would have gone out of of business, rather than gone through admin and come out? I just don't see why their inability to fund a guaranteed place in the Premiership and build a 50,000 seater stadium is any excuse for what happened. They could have cut their cloth and gone through relegations until they were at a stable point.

Because they were already in admin and the administrator had given them 24 hours with no other option on the table

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they were already in admin and the administrator had given them 24 hours with no other option on the table

Isn't that the option that the owners wanted though? How convenient that they found themselves in that position. In any case, if there was no option left then the scenario you describe is the only defensible one, they did not save the club by what they did.

Isn't that the option that the owners wanted though? How convenient that they found themselves in that position. In any case, if there was no option left then the scenario you describe is the only defensible one, they did not save the club by what they did.

Maybe but if there was no other party coming forward to the administrators then hard to see another option. We agree that they didn't save the club

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the point in Boycotting. Gates split equally, AFC need the money more than MK do, boycotting will be like pissing in the wind. Surely the most important thing they can do support is their team and hopefully AFC can beat them.

I totally agree. I really hope there's 2,500 neutrals there rooting for football.

I've been to Stadium:MK a couple of times. I don't find it soulless in the least; I find it extremely soulful. The problem is that the soul is of Margaret Thatcher. Not to everyone's taste.

Someone once wrote "F*** the morals, does it make any money?" That seems to be the key reason that Wimbledon were moved.

They could have gone bust, had a CVA and written off directors loan, started again with a threadbare squad and -10 points, dropped down and down again until they found a level they could sustain. A bit like us, Stockport and many others. That's how it should work.

As someone who is probably less militant regarding MK - wow Murdoch doesn't get it.

Murdoch was immersed in the situation.

Murdoch and his players were trying to win football matches even though the fans were boycotting the club and the team.

Murdoch and his players were in danger of losing their livelihood.

Murdoch could see both points of view.

Perhaps just perhaps Murdoch actually does get it better than most??