If we still had Jermaine Johnson, Chris O'Grady & Craig Davies

If JJ, C O'G and Mental were still here  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would O'Grady & Davies be more potent than Derbyshire & Baxter?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Where would JJ fit in?

• Centre midfield
    • Right wing
  3. 3. If JJ was here, who would you replace with him

• Furball
    • Wes
    • Croft
  4. 4. How many goals would O'Grady & Davies get between them in a season?

• More than 30
  5. 5. If they were all still here, where would we be now?

• Still in League 1, but mid table
    • Still in League 1, top 6
    • Championship

These are the same players that got a LOT of stick while they were here. O'Grady was called useless every week despite getting no service what so ever (i got slated anytime I suggested he was actually a decent player). JJ was another the crowd didn't really get behind as he was unpredictable, excellent one minute awful the next but none of these players had enough support.

Polls like this are generally pointless but this one even more so, players come and go, they don't work out for a variety of reasons, just because they have gone onto to better things elsewhere doesn't mean they would have made the same progression if they would have stayed.

This sort of nostalgia to what we had is part of the problem we have in the present when these players in the poll were here people were probably making polls asking how many Carlo Corrazin and Clyde Wijnhard would score if they were still here! Forget about irrelevancies such as the above and concentrate on what we have now

These are the same players that got a LOT of stick while they were here. O'Grady was called useless every week despite getting no service what so ever (i got slated anytime I suggested he was actually a decent player). JJ was another the crowd didn't really get behind as he was unpredictable, excellent one minute awful the next but none of these players had enough support.

Polls like this are generally pointless but this one even more so, players come and go, they don't work out for a variety of reasons, just because they have gone onto to better things elsewhere doesn't mean they would have made the same progression if they would have stayed.

This sort of nostalgia to what we had is part of the problem we have in the present when these players in the poll were here people were probably making polls asking how many Carlo Corrazin and Clyde Wijnhard would score if they were still here! Forget about irrelevancies such as the above and concentrate on what we have now

I agree with a lot of what you say about service to certain players, although I think you missed the irony of my first two words. Of course it's purely hypothetical and it wasn't really THAT serious, merely continuing a recent tongue in cheek couple of polls. However, whilst not wishing to live in the past, how many times have we all said, "I wish we had another <insert name here> in the team now"?

Of course we concentrate on the present day. The past is gone and won't come back, but a bit of lighthearted reflection doesn't hurt anyone. Does it?

I also rated Davies and JJ, couldnt really rate O Grady as he never got a game. Shez used to love bringing in players and not playing them.

I really thought we should have stuck with Hughes, O Grady, Davies, Alessandra (i think it was Shez's last season) as a potentially lethal strikeforce at this level, but pretty sure he had dumped Davies and O Grady by Xmas that season and replaced them with numerous long term loans instead.

Davies was prone to injury but still scored a few. A full season with us he would of easily have got 20+. O'Grady didn't do to much whilst he was here. Maybe because he wasnt given a fair crack at the whip. He is proven though as his records states.

JJ is a love or hate player. At times he could produce brilliance at the highest order, and other times he was awful. There is no inbetween with him. He is rather excellent or poor. I'd have him still over Croft.

We would still be in league one if we had these players BUT I do think we may be in the lower reaches of the championship if we had a different manager.